FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Opened an Etsy shop for my handmade Rosaries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I absolutely love making and praying the rosary and so I thought "why not make them for others?". I've seen many websites selling unattractive and very expensive rosaries and figured I could make much nicer ones that aren't as expensive. I only listed two for now, as Etsy charges for each item listed for sale. All rosaries have been or will be blessed by a priest before shipping, as I know some of the faithful are unable to leave home to do this themselves. Check out the link. Thanks!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OLightInTheDark
Fantastic! Good luck!
Very nice!
(11-16-2012, 08:37 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely love making and praying the rosary and so I thought "why not make them for others?". I've seen many websites selling unattractive and very expensive rosaries and figured I could make much nicer ones that aren't as expensive. I only listed two for now, as Etsy charges for each item listed for sale. All rosaries have been or will be blessed by a priest before shipping, as I know some of the faithful are unable to leave home to do this themselves. Check out the link. Thanks!

From what I understand, any blessed items that are sold loses its blessing.
Well, I guess the Pope must be scamming everyone by selling rosaries that we blessed by himself then.
(11-17-2012, 03:09 AM)Slayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2012, 08:37 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely love making and praying the rosary and so I thought "why not make them for others?". I've seen many websites selling unattractive and very expensive rosaries and figured I could make much nicer ones that aren't as expensive. I only listed two for now, as Etsy charges for each item listed for sale. All rosaries have been or will be blessed by a priest before shipping, as I know some of the faithful are unable to leave home to do this themselves. Check out the link. Thanks!

From what I understand, any blessed items that are sold loses its blessing.

You are correct, but he's not selling a blessed item. You are buying the rosary, and after the transaction, he's having it blessed by a priest. It's different. Before he ships it he's having it blessed. It's the same as going to a gift shop where a priest is volunteering, and when you buy an item he will bless it before he sends you home.
Loyalviews is correct. I actually entered a typo in my first post when I said THEY HAVE BEEN BLESSED OR WILL BE BLESSED BEFORE SHIPPING. I meant to say THEY WILL BE BLESSED BEFORE SHIPPING. This is what happens when you post using a cellphone...your text starts migrating over to the right side of the screen and becomes invisible to your eyes unless you keep dragging your finger over to the left and continue to do it each time you type in a new character. Sorry for the confusion.
And thanks for the positivity guys!

Those are GORGEOUS Rosaries. I am not sure which I like better, but both are two of the nicest Rosaries I've ever seen.
(11-17-2012, 03:54 AM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I guess the Pope must be scamming everyone by selling rosaries that we blessed by himself then.

The Pope does not sell rosaries. 

Give that, just how would he be scamming people?

Pages: 1 2 3