FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Milan Cathedral invites donors to get names engraved under gargoyles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love the idea of donors being acknowledged publicly, and this seems like a particularly good way, since no one but God and the saints will see the donors' names.  But I also hope they'll get a photo of their name carved in stone.  They deserve it!

[Image: 23ia1xd.jpg]
Quote:Gothic architecture masterpiece Milan cathedral is giving anyone a chance to have their name carved in stone. Those who donate over $128,000 to clean up the landmark monument will have their name engraved under one of the trademark gargoyles.

­The fourth-largest cathedral in the world and the largest in Italy has launched a public campaign to raise $32 million. A total of 135 gargoyles, used as drains for rain water, are wanted for adoption.

Cathedral authorities told AFP that since the launch of the campaign last month they have received eight donations of $128,000 as well as several smaller donations.

­The cathedral's management reportedly said it wanted "to encourage the Milanese and citizens of the world as a whole to be protagonists in the history of the cathedral… a priceless treasure that belongs to all of humanity."
Modest donations of between $12 and $127 can be made through the campaign's website.

http://rt.com/art-and-culture/news/milan...raved-934/
I will do it if they restore the Traditional Ambrosian Rite to the Cathedral!

This is a good idea, methinks.
(11-17-2012, 04:01 PM)MRose Wrote: [ -> ]I will do it if they restore the Traditional Ambrosian Rite to the Cathedral!

This is a good idea, methinks.
good luck
Smile Smile Smile