FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Get to Confession!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
An absolutely beautiful and prophetic sermon from Ven Fulton Sheen. A must listen for anyone wondering if they should go to confession, or if they should go frequently, like every two weeks. Let's make confession an integral part of our life in holiness!

Fr. Joseph Horvath former Mercedarian and now with the SSPX once said, "Good Catholics go to confession once every two weeks.  Excellent Catholics go every week."  I took that to heart as a personal challenge and got myself going from once or twice a month to every two weeks and then quickly switched it up to every week.  Frankly, it's just easier to go every week.  Your examination of conscience is easier, you can track your progress (or regression) week to week and you give yourself an extra bit of quiet time with Our Lord while you're in a quiet Church (if you can find one) 
And you are fortifying yourself with sanctifying grace which will help you beat back your dominant sins.

Here's a good sermon by Father Isaac Relyea about Confession.

And right on the heels of this, this outstanding in-your-face shot gets posted.
(11-18-2012, 04:54 PM)Allan Wrote: [ -> ]And right on the heels of this, this outstanding in-your-face shot gets posted.

Was just coming over here to post this, actually.  While Fr. Z can often be a blowhard whom I find quite irritating, this was wonderful, spot-on, absolutely correct, etc. etc.  A few million of these should be printed up and then air-dropped, passed out to friends, left in random mailboxes, what have you.
(11-18-2012, 04:54 PM)Allan Wrote: [ -> ]And right on the heels of this, this outstanding in-your-face shot gets posted.

Great one. I promise I didn't see Fr Z's post before I posted. Nice serendipity. I was looking for something to listen to while I ironed my clothes this morning. Confession is a key to holiness. I say to my children (although this is probably stolen), confession and the Mass are the two hinges that swing open the door to heaven.
One of my favorite talks on the Sacrament of Confession....

(11-18-2012, 03:45 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]Fr. Joseph Horvath former Mercedarian and now with the SSPX once said, "Good Catholics go to confession once every two weeks.  Excellent Catholics go every week."   I took that to heart as a personal challenge and got myself going from once or twice a month to every two weeks and then quickly switched it up to every week.  Frankly, it's just easier to go every week.   Your examination of conscience is easier, you can track your progress (or regression) week to week and you give yourself an extra bit of quiet time with Our Lord while you're in a quiet Church (if you can find one) 
And you are fortifying yourself with sanctifying grace which will help you beat back your dominant sins.

Fr Horvath... is in Kentucky, isn't he?
(11-18-2012, 10:40 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Fr Horvath... is in Kentucky, isn't he?

I believe so.
(11-18-2012, 11:04 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2012, 10:40 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Fr Horvath... is in Kentucky, isn't he?

I believe so.

Cool.  I may have heard him preach.  If I have, he's a good one.  LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 4