FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: TLM Magnificat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This may have been posted already, but in case it hasn't.....

http://www.laudamus-te.com/

Thanks for the heads up Whitey!  Looks like a good magazine with surely some beautiful pictures.  Hopefully it will do well.  In my unqualified opinion, I just don't like how the some call the Traditional Latin Mass  "The Extraordinary form of the Mass".  We never hear SSPX priests say that, and I can understand why, as the New Mass. Imho, is truly the extraordinary Mass.  It's like insinuating the TLM is a good no. 2 Mass, or alternative to the "regular" mass.  Again, thanks for letting us know about this new publication. 
(11-18-2012, 10:07 PM)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the heads up Whitey!  Looks like a good magazine with surely some beautiful pictures.   Hopefully it will do well.  In my unqualified opinion, I just don't like how the some call the Traditional Latin Mass  "The Extraordinary form of the Mass".  We never hear SSPX priests say that, and I can understand why, as the New Mass. Imho, is truly the extraordinary Mass.  It's like insinuating the TLM is a good no. 2 Mass, or alternative to the "regular" mass.  Again, thanks for letting us know about this new publication. 

Agreed.

Buying into the 'extraordinary form' terminology is misleading and attempts to place the Novus Ordo on an equal (actually, superior) footing.

Traditional Latin Mass has been used for 40-50 years.  Let's keep it that way.  To do otherwise is to just blur the lines and confuse the faithful.  Which, I guess, fits for NewChurch.
(11-18-2012, 10:07 PM)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the heads up Whitey!  Looks like a good magazine with surely some beautiful pictures.   Hopefully it will do well.  In my unqualified opinion, I just don't like how the some call the Traditional Latin Mass  "The Extraordinary form of the Mass".  We never hear SSPX priests say that, and I can understand why, as the New Mass. Imho, is truly the extraordinary Mass.  It's like insinuating the TLM is a good no. 2 Mass, or alternative to the "regular" mass.  Again, thanks for letting us know about this new publication. 

Yea, but the NO crowd's Mass is just an ordinary Mass  LOL
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/extraordinary

TLM works just fine, I agree, but extraordinary isn't a derogatory term.
I predict failure.  Why anyone would start a new print magazine in this day and age is beyond me.  Add to that, most of the folks who attend the Extraordinary Form already own a missal, so why would an Extraordinary Former want to subscribe to a magazine that has what they already possess in their missals?  The Ordinary Form people usually don't have missals so Magnificat serves a purpose.

No, the Extraordinary Form doesn't require disposable magazines.  The Extraordinary Form symbolizes permanence and stability.  The Extraordinary Form is about eternal things, not a throw-away society.  The Extraordinary Form is, quite simply, extraordinary, in both form and function.  
(11-18-2012, 03:51 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]This may have been posted already, but in case it hasn't.....

http://www.laudamus-te.com/

Smile Smile
I already ordered a sub.  My wife squealed when I told her about it.
I wish there was more commentary on the readings in it like Magnificat has
I think they're hoping for a cross-over effect. It certainly is a good intro for newbies. Some people will like a small disposable text than phat 1200 page, fourteen flips, sixteen ribbons, full version. I hope it succeeds and helps spread the Mass. May give it a whirl myself.
Pages: 1 2 3