FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: PM and new ArchB of Cantebury not happy with rejection of women "Bishops"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is Cameron supposed to be a "conservative"? If so, what an utter joke!
(11-21-2012, 09:17 PM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: [ -> ]Is Cameron supposed to be a "conservative"? If so, what an utter joke!

I am not sure but I BELIEVE he is considered more conservative by English standards.
(11-21-2012, 09:17 PM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: [ -> ]Is Cameron supposed to be a "conservative"? If so, what an utter joke!

The Conservative Party isn't conservative. See what Peter Hitchens has to say about them.
Now if they can just figure out woman can't be priests and they don't actually have a valid priesthood they'll be on to something.
I want to hear what Ggreg has to say.
I suspect his answer would be something like the three syllables "non-issue."
The same sacramental theology that allows for women priests is the same sacramental theology that was unable to validly pass on the Apostolic succesion. It is also the same sacramental theology that denies the validity of the mass.
Cameron appointing the Archbishop is a state Act  and has nothing really to do with Christianity or religion and that's even more so the case today with the secular and indeed pagan leaders that we have.  The Church of England has always been, since its creation a tool of the state.  If we had a Catholic monarch and the Church was either part of the state, or separate from it and protected by the state, in either event we would have a Christian society, because the state would support the church in its object of getting as many souls as possible to heaven.  What's happened in the UK  is that you have godless leaders trying to use the church for their own agenda, and effectively impeding the the application of christianity in our society.
Cameron obviously chose Welby because bother of them are washed out liberals.  What is exraordinary is that Welby does not appear to know his own church or is blind to the facts, which are that it is the growing evangelical movement in the church that is trying to call a halt to the even further dilution of christianity in the CofE and who are sick and tired of the political posturing of it.
it looks like Parliment is going to show the Church of England who its real boss is.
Huh? Huh? Huh?

http://ncronline.org/news/global/church-...en-bishops
Pages: 1 2