FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: St Mary the Virgin Church, Paulsboro, NJ - Any Info?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An acquaintance of mine attends St Mary the Virgin Church in Paulsboro, NJ. All I know of it is that it is pre-62 silent TLM. I suspect it is an independent sede chapel but have been unable to confirm that. Anyone have any information on it that I can share with my acquaintance?
(11-27-2012, 01:41 PM)Ineffable1 Wrote: [ -> ]An acquaintance of mine attends St Mary the Virgin Church in Paulsboro, NJ. All I know of it is that it is pre-62 silent TLM. I suspect it is an independent sede chapel but have been unable to confirm that. Anyone have any information on it that I can share with my acquaintance?
  I live a couple of miles from the chapel.  They are sedevacantists. I attended that chapel until I found out who they were.
(11-27-2012, 01:41 PM)Ineffable1 Wrote: [ -> ]An acquaintance of mine attends St Mary the Virgin Church in Paulsboro, NJ. All I know of it is that it is pre-62 silent TLM. I suspect it is an independent sede chapel but have been unable to confirm that. Anyone have any information on it that I can share with my acquaintance?
    There is a Latin mass at Mater Ecclesiae, which is part of the Camden Diocese.  They have a dialogue mass.
(11-27-2012, 03:57 PM)jacobhalo Wrote: [ -> ]
    There is a Latin mass at Mater Ecclesiae, which is part of the Camden Diocese.  They have a dialogue mass.

I've been a parishioner of Mater Ecclesiae for a few years and suggested it. But apparently there is strong pressure being applied from family members who have been part of SMV Church for many years. Since the quiet Mass is a requirement I suggested Our Lady of Lourdes, St Paul, and St Jude (SSPX). Of the three only St Jude includes the Second Confiteor which apparently is also a requirement.

Ineffable,
  If the said person has been going there for a few years, they probably have a good grasp on what the priest is about.  In this case, it is Bishop Hesson, O.S.B.  It sounds like they understand there are problems since Vatican II, to put it frankly, and want to go where the faith can be practiced untainted, w/o worry of having to deal with nonsense that can come from Rome.  Even if you hear Catholic sermons at the other places you mention, the fact is, if they are okayed by the local bishop, they are expected to accept the 83' Code, New Catechism, VII, the whole bit.  If one sees that many recent(since VII) pronouncements/practices are not in accord with tradition, they do well to stay away. 

Joe