FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop: Public healthcare should fund abortion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
In the U.S. the bishops are currently fighting against mandated healthcare being used to fund abortion.
In Switzerland it is the other way round: At least one Bishop is fighting to keep abortions being funded by mandated healthcare. There is currently an initiative to stop abortions being funded by the healthcare system. In the Swiss system, if they get enough signatures, the proposed law of abolishing abortion funding will be up for vote.

Bishop Markus Büchel of St. Gallen has urged Catholics not to sign the petition. Among the reasons he gives are
-"There will always be abortions. We as the Church can do nothing to stop that."
-"If abortions are no longer funded by public healthcare, poor women are hit harder than those who are well off"
-"It leads to a two-class healthcare system".
http://www.blick.ch/news/politik/die-ini...12373.html
(11-28-2012, 03:01 AM)Freudentaumel Wrote: [ -> ]In the U.S. the bishops are currently fighting against mandated healthcare being used to fund abortion.
In Switzerland it is the other way round: At least one Bishop is fighting to keep abortions being funded by mandated healthcare. There is currently an initiative to stop abortions being funded by the healthcare system. In the Swiss system, if they get enough signatures, the proposed law of abolishing abortion funding will be up for vote.

Bishop Markus Büchel of St. Gallen has urged Catholics not to sign the petition. Among the reasons he gives are
-"There will always be abortions. We as the Church can do nothing to stop that."
-"If abortions are no longer funded by public healthcare, poor women are hit harder than those who are well off"
-"It leads to a two-class healthcare system".
http://www.blick.ch/news/politik/die-ini...12373.html
I tell all the children in my catechism class to read and study their catechism so that when they hear about crazy people like that they will learn to not pay attention to them.
Smile Smile Smile
this bishop is presumably in full communion with the pope, eh?

newchurch!
(11-28-2012, 03:06 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]this bishop is presumably in full communion with the pope, eh?

newchurch!
I still say when he talks like that, just ignore him.
This heretic was appointed by Pope Benedict , why not remove him.
(11-28-2012, 03:09 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2012, 03:06 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]this bishop is presumably in full communion with the pope, eh?

newchurch!
I still say when he talks like that, just ignore him.

Where is your obedience, man!?  The Vicar of Christ appointed him shepherd of a flock of the faithful.

Besides, he was seemingly appointed in 2006.  The new wave of traditional bishops appointed by Pope Benedict, I see!
(11-28-2012, 09:22 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]This heretic was appointed by Pope Benedict , why not remove him.

Redundant.
(11-28-2012, 09:36 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2012, 09:22 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]This heretic was appointed by Pope Benedict , why not remove him.

Redundant.

Get back to us when you decide to accept traditional teaching on the nature of the Church.
(11-28-2012, 09:43 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2012, 09:36 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: [ -> ]

Redundant.

Get back to us when you decide to accept traditional teaching on the nature of the Church.

Before accusing me of heresy, know what Canon Law says about heresy and loss of office.
I'm pretty sure if this bishop consecrated four bishops without papal mandate he wouldn't be in full communion with the pope very much longer.

I know.  My infallibly logical mind has a bad habit of destroying rad trad canards.  My bad.  sad(
Pages: 1 2 3 4