FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Voris & Fr. Z. Team Up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.churchmilitant.tv/retreatatsea/

Also the subject of the newest Vortex.  Voris comes out swinging for Fr. Z.!
It's not too surprising. I know trads are suspicious of Fr. Z, but as a regular reader of his blog over the last year and a half, I can say there has been a real drift towards traditionalism. It's been really noticeable this year. He's such a public figure and so well known that he tries to be tactful and probably can't speak as freely as he wants. Yet, his blog has become more bold and outspoken in regards to Tradition.
Who wants to sponsor me!?
Sorry...you'll have toget in line behind Gerard who, I'm sure, will want to be first.
My wife and are planning to attend, and we are really excited about it.  The money is easily justifiable, and I have no doubt it will be $3k well spent, no reservations.  Just working on someone to watch the 7 babies for a week.
Does Fr. Z exclusively say the TLM and has he been trained in traditional, Thomistic philosophy?
(11-28-2012, 09:35 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]Does Fr. Z exclusively say the TLM and has he been trained in traditional, Thomistic philosophy?

My own best guesses based on an extensive reading of his writings is that he says the NO was he has to (I.e. filling in at local parishes when asked to do so) but he prefers the TLM and says that exclusively at his own chapel on some property he owns.  He claims he suffered through a modernist hell hole of a seminary, kept his head down, and was ordained personally by JP2, but he is clearly well educated as he refers to these traditional manuals or something priests used to use.  So, he either obtained an outside education or is self taught. 
I've read Father Z for awhile now and from what I've gleaned, after ordination, he fell in with a trad diocesan priest back in Minnesota and then later went to work at the PCED.  I think that is where he got his knowledge of traditional things.
(11-29-2012, 05:20 PM)Jacob Wrote: [ -> ]I've read Father Z for awhile now and from what I've gleaned, after ordination, he fell in with a trad diocesan priest back in Minnesota and then later went to work at the PCED.  I think that is where he got his knowledge of traditional things.
The priest you speak of is Msgr. Schuler, who was at a parish in Minnesota. They had both the TLM and the NO, and did a very "high" NO. He also worked at the offices of Ecclesia Dei for awhile. He is technically a priest of one of the Suburbican Dioceses of Rome - the mostly ceremonial dioceses headed by the Cardinal-Bishops.
Pages: 1 2