FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Which Cardinals came close to becoming Pope at the Last Conclave?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which Cardinals came close or in the race to becoming Pope at the Last Conclave?

1. Cardinal Martini correct? Was he the leading contender after Cardinal Ratzinger?
What peaked my interest was an article by that Jesuit  ragazine who was certain that Cardinal Martini did not want to become Pope.

From Sept 1, 2012
http://www.americamagazine.org/blog/entr...ry_id=5331

From Sept, 2012
http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Item/...t_Say.aspx

2. So who else were the contenders?

?
Since revealing what goes on in a conclave is an excommunicatable offense and mortal sin, I don't see how anyone could possibly know the answer to this question unless it was revealed to him by an excommunicate and pertinacious sinner, and in such a case I wouldn't trust the information as far as I could throw it.
(12-03-2012, 11:13 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Since revealing what goes on in a conclave is an excommunicatable offense and mortal sin, I don't see how anyone could possibly know the answer to this question unless it was revealed to him by an excommunicate and pertinacious sinner, and in such a case I wouldn't trust the information as far as I could throw it.

Perhaps you missed the words "Jesuit ragazine"
The idea that Martini was close to being pope in the last conclave is not new.  Many ears ago, shortly after the conclave, the journal Limes published what it claimed to be were excerpts from a cardinal's diary from the conclave.

You can read what Sandro Magister had to say about it.  Magister declared the diary to be fake.

At my blog, I talked about this when the diary and its allegations came up late last year.

(12-03-2012, 11:45 PM)Jacob Wrote: [ -> ]The idea that Martini was close to being pope in the last conclave is not new.  Many ears ago, shortly after the conclave, the journal Limes published what it claimed to be were excerpts from a cardinal's diary from the conclave.

You can read what Sandro Magister had to say about it.  Magister declared the diary to be fake.

At my blog, I talked about this when the diary and its allegations came up late last year.

Thanks Jacob much appreciated!
America Magazine is a trash rag, liberal sheet. I wouldn't trust them if they said they print on paper. :P