FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Home for Anglican Converts in Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Vatican has approvved a new church structure in Canada to administer to disaffected Anglicans who convert to Roman Catholicism.
Smile Smile Smile

http://news.yahoo.com/vatican-sets-home-...Tc-;_ylv=3
Have they converted to Roman Catholicism or to Modernism? I wonder...
It sounds like the Anglicans who are becoming Catholic are doing so because they reject the modernism in their own church.  I would expect them to be at the conservative/traditional end of the spectrum.

There is an Anglican use Mass driving distance from me and I would be interested in attending some time to see what it is like.
(01-11-2013, 09:14 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like the Anglicans who are becoming Catholic are doing so because they reject the modernism in their own church.  I would expect them to be at the conservative/traditional end of the spectrum.

There is an Anglican use Mass driving distance from me and I would be interested in attending some time to see what it is like.

Considering that all the ordinariate/ Anglican use parishes celebrate their masses ad orientem, with COTT kneeling, and use the Roman Canon in their liturgy, I would say they are closer to tradition than the vast majority of parishes these days. The priests I know who are converts from anglicanism/episcopalianism are some of the most staunchly Catholic priests I know (outside of the FSSP etc.)
(01-11-2013, 09:21 PM)DoktorDespot Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2013, 09:14 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like the Anglicans who are becoming Catholic are doing so because they reject the modernism in their own church.  I would expect them to be at the conservative/traditional end of the spectrum.

Considering that all the ordinariate/ Anglican use parishes celebrate their masses ad orientem, with COTT kneeling, and use the Roman Canon in their liturgy, I would say they are closer to tradition than the vast majority of parishes these days. The priests I know who are converts from anglicanism/episcopalianism are some of the most staunchly Catholic priests I know (outside of the FSSP etc.)

I have a TLM about 10 minutes away and I can't imagine preferring Anglican use to that.  On the other hand, my husband prefers NO so Anglican use might make a good compromise for us.