FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What do you think is the leading cause of the crisis in the Church?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was watching The Vortex today and saw that they were doing a new poll on what people think are the causes of the crisis in the Church. I thought some here might want to fill it out. I copied the poll questions and pasted them below so you can see if it is anything you might be interested in. Click on the following link to go to the official poll: http://www.churchmilitant.tv/cause/

Please rank the ten causes of Church problems from first (most significant) to tenth (least significant)

False Ecumenism – (too much protestant influence in liturgies and life of the Church)

Liberal Social Justice Agenda (including lack of attention to Pro-life issue)

Rebellion Among Clergy (being disobedient to the Magisterium)

Secular Relativism (attacks against the faith from outside the Church)

Cafeteria Catholics (indifferent and lukewarm Catholics)

Abuses at Novus Ordo Mass (lack of reverence, understanding of the Sacrifice)

Lack of Zeal by Bishops (more interested in earthly concerns than spiritual)

Unwillingness/Cowardice in Confronting Dissent (a "don’t rock the boat" attitude)

The Homosexual Clergy network (the infiltration into parish life, seminaries and orders)

Poor Lay Education and Priestly Formation (on all levels, school, college, RCIA, seminary)

He's missing the proper answer - Modernism.
All these seem to be closely related, and can easily be summed-up in one word: modernism. They all represent an attempt to portray the eternal Faith as outdated, and to change it to fit in with modern man's perverse Weltanschauung.

Don't fight the symptoms but ignore the disease. Destroy the heresy of Modernism in all its forms, and the crisis will come to an end.
I think it was abandoning the TLM.

tim
(12-11-2012, 10:02 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was abandoning the TLM.

tim

I agree with Tim. But I also think it is all of the above.
Relativism makes all of those possible. Once nothing matters, then nothing matters.
Out of the ten given to choose from, I would think poor lay education and priestly formation (on all levels, school, college, RCIA, seminary) has to be right up there near the top.

tim

Yes. The Mass is the heart of the Church, the re-enactment of Christ's Sacrifice through which all graces come.  Satan surely centered his attack on the Mass to most easily bring about the intellectual and moral evils that we list as also a part of the crisis.  This is not to say that there were no evils before changes in the Mass, but it is central.

tim

Certainly true, but why was the TLM abandoned? To be replaced with a relativistic, ecumenical "Mass Lite" which incorporates liberal social justice (Kiss of Peace from the altar upon which the Blessed Sacrament is resting replaced with man-centered hand-shaking for peace), allowance for "rebellion" by giving the priest hundreds of choices for the texts as opposed to one set Ordo Missae, adoption of abuses by priests (omitting genuflections, not holding the thumb and finger together until purified, etc), and it's in the vernacular so the priests need less rigorous formation.

The root of the crisis is still Modernism. Everything else is merely a symptom.
Servus put it very well.  All of the problems that Voris mentions are symptoms of modernism.  That's the leading cause of the crisis in the Church, by a long shot.  It's the synthesis of all heresies.
Pages: 1 2 3 4