FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Words of wisdom from Steve Kuhl [from Badger Catholic]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:In response to someone who begged Pope Saint Pius X to go soft on the Modernists, he retorted:

"Kindness is for fools!

They want them to be treated with oil, soap, and caresses but they ought to be beaten with fists!

In a duel you don't count or measure the blows, you strike as you can!

You don’t wage war with charity. It is a struggle.

A duel.

If Our Lord were not terrible He would not have given an example in this, too.

See how He treated the Philistines, the sowers of error, the wolves in sheep's clothing, the traitors in the temple.

He scourged them with whips!"

http://badgercatholic.blogspot.com/2012/...-kuhl.html
It's has it's place, this attitude, and I trust St. Pius X knew how and when to be forceful.

But I think traditional Catholics love to adapt this thinking in order to excuse our lack of charity. Many of us are forceful by nature, and we justify our natural inclination.
Wise words by St. Pius.

We ought to be charitable to people, but ruthless with ideas.
Not to be a jerk but the whips He used on usurers, the money changers making money on changing money. That He used a whip on, and still will.. The Pharisees He jabbed with pointed parables. He made them the objects of ridicule in those parables. Even Herod He only called a fox.  Just sayin'.

tim
(12-13-2012, 03:06 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]It's has it's place, this attitude, and I trust St. Pius X knew how and when to be forceful.

But I think traditional Catholics love to adapt this thinking in order to excuse our lack of charity. Many of us are forceful by nature, and we justify our natural inclination.

Amongst trads, as in the world at large, Rage is often described as Righteousness.
I can't remember if it was Pius IX, X or Leo XII.  But a pope was around some Anglicans for one reason or another and they asked for a blessing, and he was like "nah, we don't really do that sort of thing for non-Catholics" and they were like "there must be some kind of blessing you can give us" so he gave them the blessing of incense at mass.  LOL
(12-13-2012, 06:26 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]I can't remember if it was Pius IX, X or Leo XII.  But a pope was around some Anglicans for one reason or another and they asked for a blessing, and he was like "nah, we don't really do that sort of thing for non-Catholics" and they were like "there must be some kind of blessing you can give us" so he gave them the blessing of incense at mass.  LOL

Right.  For those who haven't heard the story before, the implication was that both would end up burning.
Yes, the blessing is "Ab illo † benedicaris, in Cujus honore cremaberis. Amen. "

Or, "Be blessed by Him in whose honor thou shalt be burned."
(12-13-2012, 06:53 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the blessing is "Ab illo † benedicaris, in Cujus honore cremaberis. Amen. "

Or, "Be blessed by Him in whose honor thou shalt be burned."

I bet he then gave his ecumenical troll face.
Pio No No was an OP.

Original Pontiff.

[Image: piononomeme-2_zps3a2fef26.jpg]
Pages: 1 2