FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Saint Paul VI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Seems inevitable:

http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/inq...ope-20637/

Is it legit without the "devils" advocate that has been removed from the canonization process?
(12-14-2012, 04:39 PM)onosurf Wrote: [ -> ]Is it legit without the "devils" advocate that has been removed from the canonization process?

A Pope invented the devil's advocate, another Pope dis-invented it, and yet another Pope can bring it back. Yes, the canonization process is legit without it.
So this is the 'surprise of the Year of Faith' we've been waiting for...

How did this sneak up without getting any more press than it did? I'm still not sure whether this is real.
If Fr. Luigi Villa is right and he wrote why this should never happen, then even the most depraved enemies in the Vatican would not let this go forward.  Cardinal Ruini was stopped cold with this the first time.

tim
(12-14-2012, 04:39 PM)onosurf Wrote: [ -> ]Seems inevitable:

http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/inq...ope-20637/

Is it legit without the "devils" advocate that has been removed from the canonization process?
The Church has always taught that Canonizations are infallible.
(12-14-2012, 04:43 PM)Cordobes Wrote: [ -> ]So this is the 'surprise of the Year of Faith' we've been waiting for...

How did this sneak up without getting any more press than it did? I'm still not sure whether this is real.

Yeah great Canonize the man who single handedly tried to destroy the faith during the year of faith. Well done Newchurch, well done.
(12-14-2012, 04:42 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2012, 04:39 PM)onosurf Wrote: [ -> ]Is it legit without the "devils" advocate that has been removed from the canonization process?

A Pope invented the devil's advocate, another Pope dis-invented it, and yet another Pope can bring it back. Yes, the canonization process is legit without it.

A Pope "invented" it to protect against unworthies being canonized. A Pope dis-invented it so that every Tom Dick and Sister Flapdoodle COULD be canonized. I suppose when a Pope comes along that re-instates it they will have to go back and see who is really a saint and who is not. SOOO I would say err on the side of caution. Some people were obviously Saints Padre Pio, Teresa of Calcutta etc. Others obviously aren't like Paul VI for example. I am going to be cautious until the proper process is brought back
Conciliar Church!
(12-14-2012, 05:04 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: [ -> ]

A Pope "invented" it to protect against unworthies being canonized. A Pope dis-invented it so that every Tom Dick and Sister Flapdoodle COULD be canonized. I suppose when a Pope comes along that re-instates it they will have to go back and see who is really a saint and who is not. SOOO I would say err on the side of caution. Some people were obviously Saints Padre Pio, Teresa of Calcutta etc. Others obviously aren't like Paul VI for example. I am going to be cautious until the proper process is brought back
Again, the Church teaches that Canonizations are infallible.
That is the only incontravertible fact we have here.
(12-14-2012, 05:10 PM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2012, 05:04 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: [ -> ]

Again, the Church teaches that Canonizations are infallible.
That is the only incontravertible fact we have here.

Really!? Then why did the Pope Suppress many saints after Vatican II? Huh?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24