FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bible reading-- read the Bible in a year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You can do this with any combination of chapters for the days, as long as you complete 28 total chapters in a week. This actually will have you completing the Bible in less than a year, but I can't find the exact chapter count on the Catholic Bible. I found an unconfirmed answer of 1334. This method produces 1456 chapters in a year for a difference of an unconfirmed 122 which means you should be able to fudge roughly 4 weeks and still complete it in a year. Or you could just re-read favorites. :)

Sun- 7 chapters
Mon- 6 chapters
Tue-  5 chapters
Wed- 4 chapters
Thur- 3 chapters
Fri- 2 chapters
Sat- 1 chapter

Anyone up for a challenge, honor-system style?

We could either begin the process 1 January or do a fiscal-year concept.
I try to read a portion of the Bible every day. At the end of ten months I have completed the Bible. I have been doing this for several years now.
:) :) :)
(12-19-2012, 12:18 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I try to read a portion of the Bible every day. At the end of ten months I have completed the Bible. I have been doing this for several years now.

What's your daily portion?
I'll do this with you!

I've done it many times before and it's all hearts and stars until I hit Numbers and Deuteronomy. Sometimes I persevere, but just as often as not I quit before I make it through those two books. Bad, I know.

I have never done it as a group, though. I think it would help me.

I think we should start January 1st.
(12-19-2012, 12:25 AM)SMKMI Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2012, 12:18 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I try to read a portion of the Bible every day. At the end of ten months I have completed the Bible. I have been doing this for several years now.

What's your daily portion?

I read three chapters a day. But I don't just do that. Sometimes it is four, six, or maybe nine. 
If we can start on New Year's Day, I'd like to join in.
The most difficult parts will be sections of the Torah (eg Leviticus) with lengthy descriptions of the old law 
Good idea. I think I will try. I'll start on new years. I have a hard time sticking with things like this.
All indications so far seem to point towards a starting date of 1 January 2013.

Are people wanting to go in order from Genesis or from Matthew first and then back to Genesis once we've completed Apocalypse? Based on my calculations, if we started New Testament and went back to Genesis after Apocalypse, we'd finish Malachi/Maccabees etc in Oct or November--- this would place us in anticipation of Christmas just like that period in Biblical history.
(12-19-2012, 03:46 PM)SMKMI Wrote: [ -> ]All indications so far seem to point towards a starting date of 1 January 2013.

Are people wanting to go in order from Genesis or from Matthew first and then back to Genesis once we've completed Apocalypse? Based on my calculations, if we started New Testament and went back to Genesis after Apocalypse, we'd finish Malachi/Maccabees etc in Oct or November--- this would place us in anticipation of Christmas just like that period in Biblical history.
In the beginning...
Pages: 1 2