FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Fellay: A Summary of Recent Events, 12-28-12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ggreg, I am aware what his grace implies. We should still pray that the holy father will see the light and be granted strength from the Holy Ghost to fight against the liberal elements in the Vatican.

I seriously doubt that the holy father will last that long (2018). Some priests I talked to earlier this year informed me that the holy father is/has been fighting cancer. What the extent of it is, I do not know.
I thought this was quite a good talk, and made me sympathize with Fellay's position, and the SSPX position. He lost me, again, when he went into conspiracy theories, which practically destroyed the credibility he built up in the preceding hour and 24 minutes. He said that Paul VI's mother has masonic symbols on her tomb. The one pillar has a symbol, and is in the mother's family cemetery. So it is disingenuous to claim that his mother has masonic symbols on her tomb, and also highly circumstantial. He also cites Paul VI and Pius XII having a dust-up about communism, and he was "expelled" to Milan. Of course, that narrative disagrees with the well-known fact that Paul VI was offered the cardinalate in 1953, and he refused it. Hardly being "expelled". It's this kind of stuff which really sours the message for me. I can see through it, but to see that he falls for such stupid conspiracy theories just makes me wonder how attentive he is with other things. The same thing happens with a priest I know. He says things to me, what may be called rumors, so and so is now Novus Ordo, or whatever, and it takes me like five minutes to find out he was wrong. He's just talking and spreading stuff without any real substance. Even when Fellay says he sent someone out to get a picture of the masonic symbol, you can just download the Chiesa Viva book and see right there that it is a small symbol in the family plot. It's a sort of shock and awe tactic without any real substance. If it has real substance, the shock and awe of it immediately puts people into a mode of emotion and anger, instead of reason and reflection. Fellay amazes me sometimes.
(12-31-2012, 07:05 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2012, 06:44 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: [ -> ]Don't let this turn into another urination contest, please.

I'm a middle aged woman.  He doesn't have a chance.  :grin:

We can write our names in the snow.  It's one of the coolest things God did for us.  When I taught my own son how, he thought so too.  When his mother looked at us in disgust, we wrote her name too.

Very cool. 
(01-01-2013, 12:53 PM)Allan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2012, 06:44 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: [ -> ]Don't let this turn into another urination contest, please.

We can write our names in the snow.  It's one of the coolest things God did for us.  When I taught my own son how, he thought so too.  When his mother looked at us in disgust, we wrote her name too.

Very cool. 

Accuracy may be good for showing off, but one must consider frequency.
(01-01-2013, 12:55 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]

Very cool. 

Accuracy may be good for showing off, but one must consider frequency.

God invented beer for a reason.  Of course, I can't drink anymore, but whatever....

Very cool. 

Can you print or just cursive script?
Thanks, Dino.
Cursive.  Printing is harder, if you keep the letters disconnected.  Start.  Stop.  Etc.
Why didn't he mention the Bp. Williamson expulsion?
JayneK Wrote:How much have you studied these issues?  You come across as having dismissed it without seriously attempting to understand.  I have spent years studying theology and, to me, your assessment seems like nonsense.  You make blustering pronouncements, but you never back them up with real arguments.
Jayne, this is hypocritical of you, unless I am reading this wrong.  You and I had a discussion on Vat. II, and we both agreed is was problematic, to say the least.  This we agreed on, and we disagreed how it would be resolved.  I actually think it will be dropped, and you thought it would be "explained" away, that is, the Tradional teachings would be reemphasized, and it would be noted that the contradictory sections would be declared to mean the traditional interpretation.  The example I gave was with regards to the Mass, where basically the authority will have to be removed from the "territorial authority" with regards to liturgical innovation.  Ring a bell?  Anyhow, ggreg is saying the same thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8