FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Fellay: A Summary of Recent Events, 12-28-12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quote: James, I love you my friend and you're a well read guy but you have been predicting imminent financial Armageddon every year for the last 4 years and they've held things together longer than you or anyone else thought possible.
  Hey mate, my dream vacation is to go barge boating on your canals, stopping at the pubs along the way, and chilling out for a few days.  My only problem is getting my wife on a plane to get over there.  Maybe if I get her drunk or something.  If I make it over there, I'll look you up and will drink a few pints of bitters, which I loved the last time I was there.

Anyhow, so as not to scandalize anyone, my prediction on economic meltdown has nothing to do with Fatima or the Bible, or any of that.  It is based on Austrian economics.  I actually fear the case where we DON'T have an economic collapse.  In that situation, the dems will have successfully transformed the USA into any random South American sh*t hole.  Where 95% of the population becomes serfs, and the possibility of bettering yourself is quickly forgotten with massive taxes, regulations, and worthless money.  That would be my fear, because it seems that once you enter that type of society, with a population of sheeple, you never recover.  I'm sticking to my 2013 call, again based on economics only.

As far as this being the end times:
Quote: And they shall fall by the edge of the sword; and shall be led away captives into all nations; and Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the Gentiles; till the times of the nations be fulfilled.
  Well for 2000 years the Jews were out, and now they have annexed Jerusalem once more.  So whatever the times of nations is, it is now fulfilled.  I believe we are in the end times.

Quote: 2017 is a nice round number, a century since Fatima but I don't see why God needs to work in this round numbers nor what relevance 100 years has to anything.
  There's a little more meat to it than that. 
Quote: ‘Make it known to My ministers, given that they follow the example of the King of France in delaying the execution of My command, they will follow him into misfortune.
That is referring to the Sacred Heart consecration, and 100 years passed before France fell.  So the 100 years has some backing.

Again, I'm not a prophet, so this is all my opinion.
Quote: And what will you do in 2018 if nothing has happened and a very old B16 or his modernist replacement is still going through the motions? Just come up with a new theory?

It is tough to answer this, as I don't ever "tempt" God.  But to be honest, I am Catholic because of Fatima.  When I was a neo-Catholic, I kept the Faith ONLY because of Fatima.  My family is anti-communist.  I also have studied history.  Fatima was real, and thus I kept the Faith.  Then I found Tradition, and everything made sense for the first time in 30 years.

So if it is 2018, and we are still in a slow grind to nowhere, with no chastisement, then I have to reassess.  Maybe I become a sede.

To be honest, I don't think about it, because everything is coming together perfectly.  I believe you will be able to get drunk, go on your roof, and watch the bombs begin to drop, yelling out, "repent you f**kers, the end is upon you b#stards."  In a few years.  Before then, continue to enjoy the farce of the euro collapse.
Anyhow, I listened to the whole talk.  Excellent.  Bishop Fellay is great.  I have been following his writings and talks for a few years, and he comes across as an expert negotiator.  So for example he explains the delicate situation of his reply letter.  It's a small point, but if you have been in serious negotiations before, you understand +Fellay knows what he is doing.

The predictions of the Fellay sell out are somewhat humorous.  For those new to Tradition, there has been scare claims of a Fellay sell-out for over 5 years now.  I think there are three things to keep in mind about +Fellay.  First, he speaks English, so he gives some of his addresses in English.  However, he has that sing-songy accent, which I believe can make some underestimate him.  Second, +Fellay is ALWAYS open to getting the SSPX regularized.  He is Catholic, and he has the responsibility of the Society on his shoulders.  He MUST always be open to regularization, or else he risks the wrath of God for lack of Faith.  Third, he completely, thoroughly understands the crisis, including where Fatima fits in.  So he will never be taken in, and he won't sell out.  So even though at any second, if he gets the call from the Pope to come to Rome to talk, he will go without hesitation, even though this is true, he understands the crisis and won't sell out.

Back to the talk, it is interesting that the masons were kept informed about the talks.  I think some people underestimate what we are dealing with.  We are dealing with a diabolic attack (and I use that term on purpose) on the Church.  The other interesting point is that it was the masons and jews that insisted that the SSPX "accept" Vatican II.  That is all you need to know.
Quote: He also cites Paul VI and Pius XII having a dust-up about communism, and he was "expelled" to Milan. Of course, that narrative disagrees with the well-known fact that Paul VI was offered the cardinalate in 1953, and he refused it. Hardly being "expelled".

He was most certainly expelled, in 1954.  You left out the fact that he was Secretary of State.  It was a huge demotion.  And his dealings with communists is not in dispute.  His meeting with Togliatti is documented by US intelligence.  He was reported a traitor by the Pope's agent, Colonel Arnauld.

edit: Wow, Montini even was buds with Saul Alinsky.  That guy has a habit of popping up in all the wrong places.  Excellent article on Montini/Paul VI: http://tinyurl.com/b7vslcl
(01-02-2013, 01:20 AM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyhow, I listened to the whole talk.  Excellent.  Bishop Fellay is great.  I have been following his writings and talks for a few years, and he comes across as an expert negotiator.  So for example he explains the delicate situation of his reply letter.  It's a small point, but if you have been in serious negotiations before, you understand +Fellay knows what he is doing.

The predictions of the Fellay sell out are somewhat humorous.  For those new to Tradition, there has been scare claims of a Fellay sell-out for over 5 years now.  I think there are three things to keep in mind about +Fellay.  First, he speaks English, so he gives some of his addresses in English.  However, he has that sing-songy accent, which I believe can make some underestimate him.  Second, +Fellay is ALWAYS open to getting the SSPX regularized.  He is Catholic, and he has the responsibility of the Society on his shoulders.  He MUST always be open to regularization, or else he risks the wrath of God for lack of Faith.  Third, he completely, thoroughly understands the crisis, including where Fatima fits in.  So he will never be taken in, and he won't sell out.  So even though at any second, if he gets the call from the Pope to come to Rome to talk, he will go without hesitation, even though this is true, he understands the crisis and won't sell out.

Back to the talk, it is interesting that the masons were kept informed about the talks.  I think some people underestimate what we are dealing with.  We are dealing with a diabolic attack (and I use that term on purpose) on the Church.  The other interesting point is that it was the masons and jews that insisted that the SSPX "accept" Vatican II.  That is all you need to know.

Interesting points James.  I'm giving this talk a second listen.  I've always appreciated listening to the wisdom of his Excellency.  We had the great blessing of receiving Bishop Fellay for a Church Christening about a decade ago.  Even though it was ten years ago I still remember it very well.  It was a special occasion.....

(01-02-2013, 12:49 AM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: James, I love you my friend and you're a well read guy but you have been predicting imminent financial Armageddon every year for the last 4 years and they've held things together longer than you or anyone else thought possible.
  Hey mate, my dream vacation is to go barge boating on your canals, stopping at the pubs along the way, and chilling out for a few days.  My only problem is getting my wife on a plane to get over there.  Maybe if I get her drunk or something.  If I make it over there, I'll look you up and will drink a few pints of bitters, which I loved the last time I was there.

Look forward to it.  I live by the Medway River/Canal in Kent which the is the home of English Hops and beer making. Lots of small brewers still around here.  50 to 150 years ago poor people from the east end of London used to come out here on free trains laid on by the farmers and spend a week or two picking hops with their families.  Farmers fed them and gave them copious amounts of free beer for the evenings.  Several houses near to mine have special conical shaped roofs for drying out hops.  They're known as Oast houses and are pretty much restricted to just this and the next county, Surrey.  Few are used for that purpose any longer but many still function and the top turns around with the prevailing wind.

A narrow boat costs about 1000 dollars for a week including all insurances.  I would like to do it as well but young kids tend to fall in so you end up supervising them the whole time and it is not much of a holiday for the parents.
(01-02-2013, 12:57 AM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: And what will you do in 2018 if nothing has happened and a very old B16 or his modernist replacement is still going through the motions? Just come up with a new theory?

To be honest, I don't think about it, because everything is coming together perfectly.  I believe you will be able to get drunk, go on your roof, and watch the bombs begin to drop, yelling out, "repent you f**kers, the end is upon you b#stards."  In a few years.  Before then, continue to enjoy the farce of the euro collapse.

Have the sandwich board ready and the welding googles standing by.

Pointless arguing about the date I agree.  Events do seem to be converging that is undeniable.
(01-02-2013, 12:35 AM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]
JayneK Wrote:How much have you studied these issues?  You come across as having dismissed it without seriously attempting to understand.  I have spent years studying theology and, to me, your assessment seems like nonsense.  You make blustering pronouncements, but you never back them up with real arguments.
Jayne, this is hypocritical of you, unless I am reading this wrong.  You and I had a discussion on Vat. II, and we both agreed is was problematic, to say the least.  This we agreed on, and we disagreed how it would be resolved.  I actually think it will be dropped, and you thought it would be "explained" away, that is, the Tradional teachings would be reemphasized, and it would be noted that the contradictory sections would be declared to mean the traditional interpretation.  The example I gave was with regards to the Mass, where basically the authority will have to be removed from the "territorial authority" with regards to liturgical innovation.  Ring a bell?  Anyhow, ggreg is saying the same thing.

Greg is going beyond claiming VII is problematic or contains apparent contradictions.  His claim, as I understand it, is that it is impossible to explain the apparent contractions and that anyone who attempts to do so has abandoned reason.  It is an extremely strong claim and he has not backed it up.
The video and mp3 are all garbled. So what is everyone talking about?
(01-02-2013, 11:31 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2013, 12:35 AM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]
JayneK Wrote:How much have you studied these issues?  You come across as having dismissed it without seriously attempting to understand.  I have spent years studying theology and, to me, your assessment seems like nonsense.  You make blustering pronouncements, but you never back them up with real arguments.
Jayne, this is hypocritical of you, unless I am reading this wrong.  You and I had a discussion on Vat. II, and we both agreed is was problematic, to say the least.  This we agreed on, and we disagreed how it would be resolved.  I actually think it will be dropped, and you thought it would be "explained" away, that is, the Tradional teachings would be reemphasized, and it would be noted that the contradictory sections would be declared to mean the traditional interpretation.  The example I gave was with regards to the Mass, where basically the authority will have to be removed from the "territorial authority" with regards to liturgical innovation.  Ring a bell?  Anyhow, ggreg is saying the same thing.

Greg is going beyond claiming VII is problematic or contains apparent contradictions.  His claim, as I understand it, is that it is impossible to explain the apparent contractions and that anyone who attempts to do so has abandoned reason.  It is an extremely strong claim and he has not backed it up.
Nope, he has not.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8