FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Legion of Christ and regnum Christie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So any thoughts on these movements beyond the Sick pervert (an intimate of JPII) who formed it? Is it good or Bad?
They are a cult. The ReGain Network has been exposing the LC and ministering to ex-LC members for some years:

http://regainnetwork.org/
(01-01-2013, 12:15 AM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]They are a cult. The ReGain Network has been exposing the LC and ministering to ex-LC members for some years:

Wow. watchd a dovumentary about Marciel Marcel (or whatever) and JPII's cover up of his rape and molestation and didn't know they even existed anymore. I didn't know they were still a cult. I thought they had been reformed. I remember early on when I was considering a vocation I got info from them in the mail. it looked good but something seemed off. Later on my old Bishop banned the movement from his Diocese.

Not to beat a dead horse but I don't see how JPII can even be considered for canonization when he knew what Marciel was doing and refused to do anything. According to the documentary I saw it said that there were at least 15 seminarians that tried to contact "the Great" and he wouldn't even receive them. Cardinal Ratzinger tried to open up an investigation but Card. Sodano under JPII's orders requested it to be cancelled. Later on when JPII was so frail he didn't know what was going on around late 04' Card. Ratzinger began an investigation anyway. Sick Sick Sick. And JPII is a blessed my foot. Anyway got off subject. As I was saying it liked their Militant manly Catholic approach. In my Novus Ordo days I had seriously thought of becoming one of their Priests. Thank God I didn't.
(01-01-2013, 12:15 AM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]They are a cult.

For sure. they had to take vows not of obediance but "silence" they could not use the internet and had to swear complete allegiance to Marciel Marcel very cult like. If one questioned Their perv in chief they were told they would go to hell. Creepy stuff that. I have heard their numbers have really dropped since Benedict banished Marciel. Same with Opus Dei.
Your foot is blessed? Only one?  Huh?

And what has Opus Dei to do with Legion?
(01-01-2013, 12:37 AM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2013, 12:15 AM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]They are a cult. The ReGain Network has been exposing the LC and ministering to ex-LC members for some years:

Not to beat a dead horse but I don't see how JPII can even be considered for canonization when he knew what Marciel was doing and refused to do anything. According to the documentary I saw it said that there were at least 15 seminarians that tried to contact "the Great" and he wouldn't even receive them. Cardinal Ratzinger tried to open up an investigation but Card. Sodano under JPII's orders requested it to be cancelled. Later on when JPII was so frail he didn't know what was going on around late 04' Card. Ratzinger began an investigation anyway. Sick Sick Sick. And JPII is a blessed my foot. Anyway got off subject. As I was saying it liked their Militant manly Catholic approach. In my Novus Ordo days I had seriously thought of becoming one of their Priests. Thank God I didn't.
In all fairness to John Paul II, he came from an environment where the powers that be were always trying to compromise and destroy those priests who were successful. Fr maciel always denied the accusations and it is possible that the pope at that time was decieved.   
Opus Dei has nothing to do with the Legionaries.
(01-01-2013, 01:30 AM)maldon Wrote: [ -> ]Opus Dei has nothing to do with the Legionaries.

That's what I thought.  But I was humoring the poor kid with only one blessed foot.
(01-01-2013, 12:40 AM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2013, 12:15 AM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]They are a cult.

For sure. they had to take vows not of obediance but "silence" they could not use the internet and had to swear complete allegiance to Marciel Marcel very cult like. If one questioned Their perv in chief they were told they would go to hell. Creepy stuff that. I have heard their numbers have really dropped since Benedict banished Marciel. Same with Opus Dei.
I think that something can be said for a rule against "complaining about leadership decisions" within a religous community. Of course I would qualify that with the proviso of obedience in all things but sin. St Theresa of Aviia wrote that it is a great impediment to hiliness to be continually backbiting the decisions of the superior.
My experience with the Legionaries of Christ has been excellent.  I made a retreat at their seminary in Cheshire, CT, and had blessed time.  It was a very holy and Catholic environment, and all of the clergy were wonderful.  On one of the days, the Mass I assisted at was even ad orientem and in Latin.

They can get nothing but a solid recommendation from me!
Pages: 1 2 3