FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Militant Muslim Leader Visits Catholic Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Iraq's most influential Shi'ite Muslim leader, Mugtada al-Sadr, visited a Catholic church in Bagdad on January 4, expressing sorrow over anti-Christian violence. I wonder if he's really serious?
??? ??? ???

http://news.yahoo.com/sadr-visits-baghda...52150.html
If he is sincere and not playing politics, this is good.

Pray for him.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is serious. Remember Tariq Al Ziz (something like that) was Saddams second in command and he was a Chaldean Christian. Iraqi Christians were safe until the US imported "peace, democracy and freedom"
(01-05-2013, 02:17 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is serious. Remember Tariq Al Ziz (something like that) was Saddams second in command and he was a Chaldean Christian. Iraqi Christians were safe until the US imported "peace, democracy and freedom"

While I do think that deposing Saddam was righteous, "de-Baathification" was a stupid policy that threw the entire country into anarchy. You can't just create power vacuums and sit back hoping that reasonable men will automatically fill them. Especially combined with the "flypaper" strategy... it's very incoherent.
(01-05-2013, 04:26 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: [ -> ]While I do think that deposing Saddam was righteous, "

Why? What threat did he pose to you? Oh, that's right. You control the global monetary system and having an oil producing nation price it in their own currency cuts into your profit and insatiable world domination. I can see where you would have a grudge. Carry on.
(01-05-2013, 09:20 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2013, 04:26 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: [ -> ]While I do think that deposing Saddam was righteous, "

Why? What threat did he pose to you? Oh, that's right. You control the global monetary system and having an oil producing nation price it in their own currency cuts into your profit and insatiable world domination. I can see where you would have a grudge. Carry on.

Saddam had been funding terror since the 1970s. But please, feel free to verbally defecate about things of which you obviously have no knowledge.

Unless of course you'd like to explain away Abu Nidal, the PKK, the MKO, Ansar-al-Islam, Hamas, the PLF and the PFLP.

Hey, I've got an idea, Heinrich. Why don't you quote the lunatic Alex Jones instead of addressing any facts. That will be really convincing. Throw in the Daily Kos for good measure.

Shit. I guess it's too much to expect anyone to even post with an ounce of intelligence around here.
(01-05-2013, 09:50 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: [ -> ]

Saddam had been funding terror since the 1970s. But please, feel free to verbally defecate about things of which you obviously have no knowledge.

Unless of course you'd like to explain away Abu Nidal, the PKK, the MKO, Ansar-al-Islam, Hamas, the PLF and the PFLP.

Hey, I've got an idea, Heinrich. Why don't you quote the lunatic Alex Jones instead of addressing any facts. That will be really convincing. Throw in the Daily Kos for good measure.

sh**. I guess it's too much to expect anyone to even post with an ounce of intelligence around here.

You carried on like the typical childish neocon: Call those who coarse the hairs on the Zionist kitty liberals and batshit crazy conspiracy theorists.I don't listen to Alex Jones. But, on the other hand, you listen to too much Sean Hannity and his numero uno ├╝berpatriotic guest, Col. Oliver North. Is that where you have a Ph. D. in geopolitics? Fox News. Sounds familiar.

We heard all these lies you statist, bloodthirsty, Bill O'Reilly lapdog hawks regurgitate from time to time.

Those who subscribe to Catholic teaching do not have to be intelligent, just wise. Which you are not in this instance. Carry on.

(01-05-2013, 09:50 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: [ -> ]Saddam had been funding terror since the 1970s.

That's not a reason to go to war. Lots of dictators and countries fund terrorists, but you can't invade 20 different countries when those countries haven't attacked the United States. Who doesn't fund terrorists? The Middle East, Africa, China, Russia all fund terrorists. Even the West could be funding terrorists.

The war against Saddam did not not meet the four conditions under the Just War doctrine.
(01-05-2013, 11:16 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2013, 09:50 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: [ -> ]

sh**. I guess it's too much to expect anyone to even post with an ounce of intelligence around here.

You carried on like the typical childish neocon: Call those who coarse the hairs on the Zionist kitty liberals and batshit crazy conspiracy theorists.I don't listen to Alex Jones. But, on the other hand, you listen to too much Sean Hannity and his numero uno ├╝berpatriotic guest, Col. Oliver North. Is that where you have a Ph. D. in geopolitics? Fox News. Sounds familiar.

We heard all these lies you statist, bloodthirsty, Bill O'Reilly lapdog hawks regurgitate from time to time.

Those who subscribe to Catholic teaching do not have to be intelligent, just wise. Which you are not in this instance. Carry on.

You have no facts. All you have is mudslinging and lies. I'm sorry that you're publicly embarrassing yourself so much by acting like such an idiot. Please do some reading on the subject and then get back to me.

Not that your stupidity deserves an answer, but I do not watch Fox News, I do not watch Sean Hannity, I do not watch Oliver North and I do not watch Bill O'Reilly. I don't even know when those shows are on... I don't watch TV. Not that it would matter to the argument if I did. I would prefer that the argument be concerned with facts. However, since facts are obviously like kryptonite to you, there's no chance of that.
We invaded Iraq because the government there wanted to price its own oil in its own currency. Plain and simple.

Why do you think we invaded?

"It is now obvious the invasion of Iraq had less to do with any threat from Saddam's long-gone WMD program and certainly less to do to do with fighting International terrorism than it has to do with gaining strategic control over Iraq's hydrocarbon reserves and in doing so maintain the U.S. dollar as the monopoly currency for the critical international oil market."

http://usa.mediamonitors.net/content/view/full/17450

http://books.google.com/books/about/Conf...a4EhZrRi8C

Edit to add: "Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!"
Pages: 1 2