FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX Coastal Georgia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is currently a small group of Traditional Roman Catholics, whom support the SSPX,  forming on the Georgia coast. We are located in Brunswick Ga,  which is directly between Jacksonville Florida and Savannah Ga, and invite everyone who may be interested to join.  The SSPX says that we need a regular attendance of generally 50 - 100 people before we can begin a chapel and have a priest come in and say Holy Mass on a regular basis. If you are not interested, but know someone who might be please tell them about us. If interested please contact us at underwoodjenn65@bellsouth.net and visit our website at : www.goldenisleslatinmass.webstarts.com ]
Isn't there a diocesan Latin Mass in Savannah?
Yes, there is an "Indult" Mass at the Cathedral Church in Savannah. The problem of the Indult Mass in general is not the fact that they are approved by the local Bishop, that in of it's self is a good thing.The problem with most Indult Masses are that they completely accept the legitimacy of the New Mass and all of Vatican II. The Indult Mass might seem Beautiful at first ( as it did with me) but once one goes beneath the surface it is like an empty shell, beautiful on the outside, but once one opens it, it is completely hollow  with all of the errors of Vatican II. While attending the Indult Mass in Savannah one of the people there spoke to me and said, " we don't want any seam between the New Mass an the Traditional Mass". The reason why we want to start a Society of Saint Pius X Chapel in South Georgia is so that we can see and hear the Faith preached and practiced, without any compromises, in all of it's glory as it has Been preached throughout the entire Church for 20 centuries up until Vatican II. If one would like to learn more about the Society of Saint Pius X and the Errors of Vatican II one has to read. A great place to buy books wrote by great Traditional Catholic Authors is " The Angelus Press". One can also visit our website with a few links such as " The Fatima Network", "The Society of Saint Pius X District Headquarters website" and a few more. Also read some of the Pre Vatican II Papal documents. It is amazing how what they were condemning then has now been adopted by the majority of clergy and laity alike.

SAINT PIUS X, PRAY FOR US!
(01-12-2013, 10:08 AM)Coastal GA Trad Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is an "Indult" Mass at the Cathedral Church in Savannah. The problem of the Indult Mass in general is not the fact that they are approved by the local Bishop, that in of it's self is a good thing.The problem with most Indult Masses are that they completely accept the legitimacy of the New Mass and all of Vatican II. The Indult Mass might seem Beautiful at first ( as it did with me) but once one goes beneath the surface it is like an empty shell, beautiful on the outside, but once one opens it, it is completely hollow  with all of the errors of Vatican II. While attending the Indult Mass in Savannah one of the people there spoke to me and said, " we don't want any seam between the New Mass an the Traditional Mass". The reason why we want to start a Society of Saint Pius X Chapel in South Georgia is so that we can see and hear the Faith preached and practiced, without any compromises, in all of it's glory as it has Been preached throughout the entire Church for 20 centuries up until Vatican II. If one would like to learn more about the Society of Saint Pius X and the Errors of Vatican II one has to read. A great place to buy books wrote by great Traditional Catholic Authors is " The Angelus Press". One can also visit our website with a few links such as " The Fatima Network", "The Society of Saint Pius X District Headquarters website" and a few more. Also read some of the Pre Vatican II Papal documents. It is amazing how what they were condemning then has now been adopted by the majority of clergy and laity alike.

Amen, coastal trad.  I'll keep you folks in my prayers, I hope you can get a mass down there.  I know of one person who is from Georgia and I'm telling him about this right now, though I don't know what part of the state he's in, but I digress.  Best wishes.
(01-11-2013, 04:10 PM)Coastal GA Trad Wrote: [ -> ]There is currently a small group of Traditional Roman Catholics, whom support the SSPX,  forming on the Georgia coast. We are located in Brunswick Ga,  which is directly between Jacksonville Florida and Savannah Ga, and invite everyone who may be interested to join.  The SSPX says that we need a regular attendance of generally 50 - 100 people before we can begin a chapel and have a priest come in and say Holy Mass on a regular basis. If you are not interested, but know someone who might be please tell them about us. If interested please contact us at underwoodjenn65@bellsouth.net and visit our website at : www.goldenisleslatinmass.webstarts.com ]
Make sure you get permission from the local Ordinary, whose territory it is, before you invite a priest in who has no canonical mission.

(01-12-2013, 10:08 AM)Coastal GA Trad Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is an "Indult" Mass at the Cathedral Church in Savannah. The problem of the Indult Mass in general is not the fact that they are approved by the local Bishop, that in of it's self is a good thing.The problem with most Indult Masses are that they completely accept the legitimacy of the New Mass and all of Vatican II. The Indult Mass might seem Beautiful at first ( as it did with me) but once one goes beneath the surface it is like an empty shell, beautiful on the outside, but once one opens it, it is completely hollow  with all of the errors of Vatican II. While attending the Indult Mass in Savannah one of the people there spoke to me and said, " we don't want any seam between the New Mass an the Traditional Mass". The reason why we want to start a Society of Saint Pius X Chapel in South Georgia is so that we can see and hear the Faith preached and practiced, without any compromises, in all of it's glory as it has Been preached throughout the entire Church for 20 centuries up until Vatican II. If one would like to learn more about the Society of Saint Pius X and the Errors of Vatican II one has to read. A great place to buy books wrote by great Traditional Catholic Authors is " The Angelus Press". One can also visit our website with a few links such as " The Fatima Network", "The Society of Saint Pius X District Headquarters website" and a few more. Also read some of the Pre Vatican II Papal documents. It is amazing how what they were condemning then has now been adopted by the majority of clergy and laity alike.

When I started attending an SSPX chapel I had access most Sundays to the tlM also. People don't seem to realize that it's not only about the Mass. It's about the Faith. It's great to be of the same faith as those you're at Mass with.
Canonical Standing is a huge part of the Faith.

Every single "indult' TLM I have been to in almost 10 years the priest always preaches an orthodox sermon, usually from the Roman Catechism or the Fathers.

As good if not better sermons than the SSPX priests I have heard.
Always when an approved TLM appears in an area where the SSPX already operates, the SSPXers complain that the approved TLM is only approved to counter the SSPX.
But when a group tries to open an SSPX mass in an area where an approved TLM exists, it necessary, because "it's about the Faith".

I wish this infighting would stop.
An NO parish that has a traditional Mass once a week may not always offer the traditional form of baptism or confirmation. The parish may not offer solid sacramental preperation for children or may require participation in programs that teach error. I'm sure it varies from place to place.
(01-12-2013, 04:38 PM)Servulus Wrote: [ -> ]An NO parish that has a traditional Mass once a week may not always offer the traditional form of baptism or confirmation. The parish may not offer solid sacramental preperation for children or may require participation in programs that teach error. I'm sure it varies from place to place.
For some people obedience is more important than programs that teach error.
Pages: 1 2