FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What Catholic Charities do You Recommend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My wife and I have been talking about a more organized way of giving to the needy beyond the parish collection, so I'm out to find which charities are the best.

Areas we'd like to focus on are:
1) Supporting the poor, locally and internationally
2) Supporting Catholic missions overseas

We want to avoid charities that spend a lot on administrative costs, those that dabble in immoral activities (i.e. population control measures), and those that water down the Faith.

Thanks for any and all replies!
I think you will find that supporting the Cardinal Kung Foundation is the best of both of those worlds. 

You can sponsor vocations or the general expenses of the underground church in China or they also have the ability to donate to their underground chinese orphanage.
http://www.cardinalkungfoundation.org/
The Missionary Servants of the Poor
They also have a Youtube Channel.

They are solid and real missionaries. They are also open to Tradition and have strong ties to the Fontgombault Abbey.
The MSPM also has a contemplative monastery in Peru, and one of the founders of the FSSP has recently entered there (with permission). They now have the TLM every day.
Man that Missionary servants of the poor looks good, I want to donate but it doesn't say how to on the website.
(01-14-2013, 10:32 PM)paul11b Wrote: [ -> ]Man that Missionary servants of the poor looks good, I want to donate but it doesn't say how to on the website.

Looks like they ask people to contact them for any sort of support:

Quote:The best way to help us is by offering your sacrifices and prayers, your fidelity to the Gospel and to the pope, so that among the poor we may be a living presence of Jesus among the poorest people.

You can help us by distributing our Newsletter among young people and those who are interested in the problems of the Third World. Also, by organizing and scheduling a visit from one of our missionaries.
You can help us by supporting our missions in Peru and Hungary. These missions open their doors each day to hundreds and hundreds of poor children.

You can help us buy supplies for baking bread each day, indispensable in feeding all the children that the Lord sends our way.

You can help us buy medicines for our Good Samaritan dispensary where many sick persons who lack the most basic health care can receive assistance.

You can help us by sending us your Mass intentions as well as “perpetual Masses” for you and your loved ones.

You can help us with scholarships for the young boys who are preparing themselves to be Missionary Servants of the Poor of the Third World in our Houses of Formation.

Those of you who are interested may write to us at the following address:

In USA :
Opus Christi Salvatoris Mundi
PO Box 844
Cannonsburg MI 49317
USA
616-691-7999

In England:
Yueh-Siang Chang
Asian Departement
Victoria and Albert Museum
Londo SW7 2RL
Do you have a local St Vincent de Paul Society in your area?
http://www.haitimissionprogram.org/

I personally know the people who run it.
(01-14-2013, 10:34 PM)Pheo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2013, 10:32 PM)paul11b Wrote: [ -> ]Man that Missionary servants of the poor looks good, I want to donate but it doesn't say how to on the website.

Looks like they ask people to contact them for any sort of support:

There is also an email address under "Contacts" on the website.
There used to be a way of donating to them on the website, I don't know why they removed it.
Their support associations in first world countries are run by volunteers, so nobody gets paid a salary from donations.
St. Vincent de Paul Society
Little Sisters of the Poor
Pages: 1 2