FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sedevacantism Debate at this Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(02-05-2013, 09:52 AM)TrentCath Wrote: [ -> ]Vox, I don't think you quite got Miths post, if sedes are Catholics according to the forums definition there should be no issue with them debating their beliefs, if there is then they shouldn't be labelled as Catholics.

I got MIth's post just fine, but I don't agree with it.  It doesn't follow that something should be discussed just because the people doing the discussing are Catholic. That makes no logical sense.
(02-05-2013, 11:31 AM)Spooky Wrote: [ -> ]
vox Wrote:Most trads aren't sedevacantists, but most still believe we're experiencing a crisis.

Vox, have you read the forum lately? There is no crisis; everything is fine.

I think there's a crisis. You think there's one. Mith does, TrentCatholic does. My guess is that most of the people here think there's a crisis; that's why they're trads. They're familiar with trad resources like the Ottaviani Intervention, have read analyses of Catholic indicators since Vatican II, know what goes in in the typical RCIA class, and so forth. The crisis is discussed as much as people want it discussed. People are free to start threads on pretty much anything other than sedevacantism, and can say pretty much anything they want as long as they're prudent and respectful. So post away!

(02-05-2013, 11:39 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2013, 09:52 AM)TrentCath Wrote: [ -> ]Vox, I don't think you quite got Miths post, if sedes are Catholics according to the forums definition there should be no issue with them debating their beliefs, if there is then they shouldn't be labelled as Catholics.

I got MIth's post just fine, but I don't agree with it.  It doesn't follow that something should be discussed just because the people doing the discussing are Catholic. That makes no logical sense.

Thats not what I said, if they are Catholic they can discuss their faith, if not they can't discuss their faith.
vox Wrote:My guess is that most of the people here think there's a crisis; that's why they're trads

I think it's more like half (of the forum, that is.) Or I could be wrong; maybe the idea that anyone who calls him/herself a trad would deny there is a crisis is baffling to me. Maybe someone should make a poll (I really need to upgrade; I have all these ideas for polls lately!)
Most of us are Trads here. To say it isn't so, is just wishful thinking. Probably, due quite a few 'popular' personalities leaving over the years or having been banned.  Sure, a few of the Necons or Neconish or Novus Ordoites are out and about; however, they are but a birthday candle and were generally outshone by the lanterns of the more vocal Trads (i.e. D.K., Erin, HMis, Northern Trad, Scipio, etc., etc.). Sure the dynamics have shifted a tad; however, one surely cannot expect things to remain changeless forever?!  Tip o' the hat
(02-05-2013, 03:05 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: [ -> ]one surely cannot expect things to remain changeless forever?!  Tip o' the hat

This isn't the "What Modernists say" thread. Fish-Eater Smackdown
Snarky, aren't we, Quanta? Groucho
(02-05-2013, 12:36 PM)Spooky Wrote: [ -> ]
vox Wrote:My guess is that most of the people here think there's a crisis; that's why they're trads

I think it's more like half (of the forum, that is.) Or I could be wrong; maybe the idea that anyone who calls him/herself a trad would deny there is a crisis is baffling to me. Maybe someone should make a poll (I really need to upgrade; I have all these ideas for polls lately!)

I think a major problem is that many people seem to lump anyone who disagrees with them (on anything!) as disregarding the crisis in the Church.
(02-05-2013, 04:25 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: [ -> ]I think a major problem is that many people seem to lump anyone who disagrees with them (on anything!) as disregarding the crisis in the Church.

That would NEVER happen here...  Grin
(02-05-2013, 05:16 PM)Pilgrim Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2013, 04:25 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: [ -> ]I think a major problem is that many people seem to lump anyone who disagrees with them (on anything!) as disregarding the crisis in the Church.

That would NEVER happen here...  Grin

You're WRONG, you modernist crisis-denier!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35