FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sedevacantism Debate at this Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(01-21-2013, 09:03 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Error has no rights.  Sedevacantism is an error.  Therefore, it has no rights.  Q.E.D.

Quash it, with extreme prejudice.

This.  It is a blot on the forum.
(01-21-2013, 09:10 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]"legitimate Catholic discussion " ? You just stated that as if it were a fact. Please explain why it's legit.

It is not legitimate Catholic discussion.  There is no such thing as "pope optional" Catholicism.  Allowing discussion of this topic serves to make something seem legitimate which is not.
(01-21-2013, 09:10 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2013, 08:46 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]I say yes............ legitimate Catholic discussion.

There is a problem with it right there. How many sedes post on the internet ? So few, we could probably list them and only forget a very few of them.

I'm guessing there are 25 or so who post on forums going by Bellarmine, AQ, Ignis ardens, FE, Cathinfo, and Suscipe Domine.

"legitimate Catholic discussion " ? You just stated that as if it were a fact. Please explain why it's legit.

Legit in the sense that being a sedevacantist, as such, does not exclude oneself from being a Catholic.

In principle, there is no difference between holding the sedevacantist position and holding the position of limbo.

Both are theological opinions that may be discussed.
(01-21-2013, 09:26 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2013, 09:10 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]"legitimate Catholic discussion " ? You just stated that as if it were a fact. Please explain why it's legit.

It is not legitimate Catholic discussion.  There is no such thing as "pope optional" Catholicism.  Allowing discussion of this topic serves to make something seem legitimate which is not.

This thread seems to quickly be becoming a debate about sedevacantism.  In which case, I think we actually need that subforum to decide whether or not it is worthy of our time.

So what happens when the pope dies, Jayne? 

It is a matter of fact that the seat can be vacant.  The question is whether or not it can be vacant in the current situation.

I appreciate Paramadur's view.  If one is so confident in one's position, one should be eager at the opportunity to represent it.
(01-21-2013, 09:29 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2013, 09:10 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2013, 08:46 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]I say yes............ legitimate Catholic discussion.

There is a problem with it right there. How many sedes post on the internet ? So few, we could probably list them and only forget a very few of them.

I'm guessing there are 25 or so who post on forums going by Bellarmine, AQ, Ignis ardens, FE, Cathinfo, and Suscipe Domine.

"legitimate Catholic discussion " ? You just stated that as if it were a fact. Please explain why it's legit.

Legit in the sense that being a sedevacantist, as such, does not exclude oneself from being a Catholic.

In principle, there is no difference between holding the sedevacantist position and holding the position of limbo.

Also, whitey, one needn't be a sedevacantist to know "how it works."
(01-21-2013, 09:32 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]So what happens when the pope dies, Jayne? 

And this illustrates why we do not need a subforum.  We get the same silly argument over and over again.  We currently have a pope so it is irrelevant that it is theoretically possible for there to be no pope.  These people have nothing new to say.  All they do is confuse the susceptible.
(01-21-2013, 09:07 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2013, 09:00 PM)Cooler King Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2013, 08:53 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2013, 08:38 PM)Cooler King Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2013, 08:07 PM)Parmandur Wrote: [ -> ]I voted yes, because I think the truth would in out over the sedevacantists, but many others have put forth good points as to how giving them a voice might be scandalous and dangerous to the cause of Catholic Tradition.
I see your point. But on the flipside, it may lend itself to rattling the Faith of a few Catholics who are not as doctrinally "bullet proof" as others.
I voted no. Why risk it?

If you're worrying about Catholics faith being rattled, you should be more focused on banning these pictures:

The idea of a pope taking part in or enabling false worship is far more scandalous than the idea that there is currently no pope.  #thinkaboutit

What are you implying? #asifwedidntknowcryptosv

But aren't you outraged by the pic of the pope kissing the koran? And the clown Episcopalian service? And the Masons in their aprons?  Don't act like you haven't seen them a thousand times!! I know you share everyone's outrage at such shenanigans!!!

#fakeoutrageisfun
Believe me, I don't lose sleep on account that the pope spoke with Jews in public.
I have nothing else to say.  The forum speaks for itself.  If this thread doesn't make the need for such a subforum obvious, nothing will.  Smile
(01-21-2013, 09:44 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]I have nothing else to say.  The forum speaks for itself.  If this thread doesn't make the need for such a subforum obvious, nothing will.   Smile
Thank you Mr. Lane. I mean, Mithrandylan
(01-21-2013, 09:29 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Legit in the sense that being a sedevacantist, as such, does not exclude oneself from being a Catholic.

Sedevacantists are not people who claim that it is possible for there to be no pope.  They are people who deny that Benedict XVI is the pope.  This is not a "theological opinion" comparable to limbo.  It is unCatholic and unacceptable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35