FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Michael Matt's New Series "Remnant TV from the Catacombs"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Michael Matt of The Remnant is doing a new series called Remnant TV from the Catacombs. Judging from the first episode, it looks and sounds promising.
Episode 1 is titled Confession. Check it out at the following link:

Taking a page from the Voris playbook, I see. Just as long as he doesn't get a horrible haircut and twirl around a pencil...
(01-25-2013, 06:00 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: [ -> ]Taking a page from the Voris playbook, I see. Just as long as he doesn't get a horrible haircut and twirl around a pencil...

I hear he's going to have an episode in which he twirls around an Ak-47.
I'm a fan of Michael Voris' The Vortex, so I pray the same success for Michael Matt's new series. But if we're critiquing presentation, I prefer Matt's catacomb set with all the skulls and atmospheric lighting to Voris' green screen whirlwind background.

As an open question for anyone, what did you think of Matt's critique of the novel methods of confession introduced after the council? I thought he made a good case for why we should not have strayed from the more tried-and-true traditional method, especially when he spoke of how the traditional method afforded better protection for both the priest and the penitent from scandal.
(01-25-2013, 09:16 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]But if we're critiquing presentation, I prefer Matt's catacomb set with all the skulls and atmospheric lighting to Voris' green screen whirlwind background.

More skulls, please. He needs to up the ante. There should also be a death metal intro.

Mmmm, yes.
Looks like he's situated at an NO community table.
Well thought out segment. I really appreciate things like this that I could recommend to NO Catholics. It is clear, explains the purpose of the traditional way, and encourages action.
(01-26-2013, 01:48 AM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like he's situated at an NO community table.

I think that's a tomb.
(01-26-2013, 12:51 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2013, 01:48 AM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like he's situated at an NO community table.

I think that's a tomb.

Is that an altar-table for the NO Mass, though?
(01-26-2013, 01:36 AM)rbjmartin Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2013, 09:16 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: [ -> ]But if we're critiquing presentation, I prefer Matt's catacomb set with all the skulls and atmospheric lighting to Voris' green screen whirlwind background.

More skulls, please. He needs to up the ante. There should also be a death metal intro.

Mmmm, yes.

LOL
I'm not a big fan of death metal, but I could see one of the more haunting Gregorian chants working well with the whole catacomb theme.
Pages: 1 2