FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Demonic Activity in Oklahoma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is another thread in the tank (http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...=3456697.0) about an increase in demonic activity and I think this story correlates.

The other thread talks about The Te Deum Institute of Sacred Liturgy in Tulsa, OK which is a conference for priests who are currently engaged in the Church’s pastoral care of those afflicted by extraordinary demonic activity, as well as those priests who have been asked to begin this ministry in their diocese.

I live in OK.  Yesterday there was a large meth bust in Lawton and the Sheriff alludes (sort of) to the idea of demons being involved.

I can't shake this feeling that demonic activity is on the rise.  It is also self evident in my own personal spiritual warfare.  Something is happening folks.

Rosary, rosary, rosary.

Here is a link to and a quote from the story about the Lawton, OK drug bust

http://www.kswo.com/global/story.asp?s=20934472 Wrote:"Well you see some of these types of shrines," Weaver said. "It's hard to tell what their intent is. I know personally, it's spooky. The things that are hanging on their walls are demonic. Standing there, I thought to myself ‘I've just got to get out of there.' I'm not sure what they're worshiping, but I didn't feel good about it."
I watched the part of the video where the officer says..."Well, you see some of these types of shrines," Weaver said, "It's hard to tell what their intent is. I know personally, it's spooky....."

When the officer says this, the camera shows part of a wall inside another room which has some sort of mural or poster of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and a Rosary hanging from the bottom of it, along with a photo. Maybe there were some other things in the room which the camera didn't show that were unexplainable, but what it did show wasn't scary (at least to a Catholic.). Kinda sad that some of these drug dealers are obviously Catholic, though
(02-02-2013, 04:04 PM)Meg Wrote: [ -> ]I watched the part of the video where the officer says..."Well, you see some of these types of shrines," Weaver said, "It's hard to tell what their intent is. I know personally, it's spooky....."

When the officer says this, the camera shows part of a wall inside another room which has some sort of mural or poster of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and a Rosary hanging from the bottom of it, along with a photo. Maybe there were some other things in the room which the camera didn't show that were unexplainable, but what it did show wasn't scary (at least to a Catholic.). Kinda sad that some of these drug dealers are obviously Catholic, though

There is a video?

Dang, that is what I get for using my iPad.  Gosh darn lack of flash.

Hold on, I am switching to my laptop...
(02-02-2013, 04:04 PM)Meg Wrote: [ -> ]I watched the part of the video where the officer says..."Well, you see some of these types of shrines," Weaver said, "It's hard to tell what their intent is. I know personally, it's spooky....."

Yep, you are correct Meg.  I think I may make a few phone calls Monday to try and find out exactly what was meant.
From what I've been told, there aren't many Catholics in OK, so it's possible that the officer has never seen a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe before, and he though it was spooky. I wouldn't think that anyone would consider it demonic, though, but you never know.

Or maybe there was a poster or shrine also in the room of Santa Muerta, or something like that, which Mexican drug dealers sometimes revere (not sure if 'revere' is the correct term, though). I would consider the Santa Muerta thing spooky myself, if that's what was there.
I haven't had a chance to see the video yet. But what they show from the video could be from the news station, which would have nothing to do with the officer's statment. They might have just been looking for a filler shot of something "religious" from one of their crime scene shots.
It's got to be the cult of saint death bleeding over from the latin american drug people. We have had a couple of threads in the tank about this. Seems it's a confluence of evil moving toward it's source.

Rosaries, Rosaries, Rosaries !

tim
I think the level of demonic activity hasn't increased per se, but the difference is now they don't have to mask their evil anymore.   

Rosaries, Rosaries, Rosaries!

In addition, confession, confession, confession.
I think it's best not to focus on and judge demonic activity. We as church militant know there is a war going on since Adam and Eve. Best to just keep with the sacraments, prayer and be close to Blessed Mother Mary, the Holy Trinity and the angels and saints.
(02-02-2013, 05:16 PM)Meg Wrote: [ -> ]From what I've been told, there aren't many Catholics in OK...

Well, there's me, and Adam Michael! 

Adam!  What part of OK are you in?  You in liberal Tulsa, with me?
Pages: 1 2 3