FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Maronite Monks of Adoration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever been to the Maronite monastery in Petersham, MA: maronitemonks.org

God willing, I will be going on retreat there next Saturday and was wondering what your experience was like there, for those who have visited. Thank you.

In Christ,
Anthony
I was there for a summer as a candidate back in 2007 I believe...it could have been 2008 but regardless, it was the closest thing I have found to Heaven on Earth. It hurt my very deeply when I wasn't accepted into their community. But looking back on everything, I now see why God had the plans he had for me. I will pray for you that your retreat goes well.
Thank you for the prayers, Peter. I am very much looking forward to my time there. I am glad things worked out for you in the end.

(02-06-2013, 10:04 AM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]I was there for a summer as a candidate back in 2007 I believe...it could have been 2008 but regardless, it was the closest thing I have found to Heaven on Earth. It hurt my very deeply when I wasn't accepted into their community. But looking back on everything, I now see why God had the plans he had for me. I will pray for you that your retreat goes well.
(02-06-2013, 07:41 AM)demoslider Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone ever been to the Maronite monastery in Petersham, MA: maronitemonks.org

God willing, I will be going on retreat there next Saturday and was wondering what your experience was like there, for those who have visited. Thank you.

In Christ,
Anthony

Smile
I have heard good things about them from many years ago.
Smile Smile Smile