FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope resigning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No joke.

:pray:
Shouldn't this thread be in the Cornfield.  :)
(02-11-2013, 07:51 AM)Blessed Pokemon88 Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't this thread be in the Cornfield.   :)

Why?
(02-11-2013, 08:05 AM)Adam_Michael Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2013, 07:51 AM)Blessed Pokemon88 Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't this thread be in the Cornfield.   :)

Why?

I suspect, hopefully not rashly, that it's an implied joke about sedevacantism.  Personally, I don't think now is the right time for that.
(02-11-2013, 08:10 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: [ -> ]

Why?

I suspect, hopefully not rashly, that it's an implied joke about sedevacantism.  Personally, I don't think now is the right time for that.

Yes, bad timing bro. Lets pray!
(02-11-2013, 08:10 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: [ -> ]

Why?

No joke. February 28 we are all sedes!
My Mum just called me to tell me this. There were rumors he was sick, but that is always the case. I must say, this is quite shocking.
Yes, I am pretty stunned.  The thing that worries me about this as well is the ramifications for non-believers; isn't there a potential that people will look at the papacy like a job now? Just something that you can give up the helm of when you've had enough? 

I always thought about the Papcy a bit like Baptism - you can't unmake yourself Pope any more than you can unmake yourself Baptised; it's something that happened and imprinted an indelible supernatural mark upon you.  Is that wrong?  Perhaps a lack of understanding of Canon law here or something? 
(02-11-2013, 11:47 AM)CatholicMatthew Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I am pretty stunned.  The thing that worries me about this as well is the ramifications for non-believers; isn't there a potential that people will look at the papacy like a job now? Just something that you can give up the helm of when you've had enough? 

I always thought about the Papcy a bit like Baptism - you can't unmake yourself Pope any more than you can unmake yourself Baptised; it's something that happened and imprinted an indelible supernatural mark upon you.  Is that wrong?  Perhaps a lack of understanding of Canon law here or something? 

We should be more concerned about non-believers denying Christ than their views about the papacy as a job or not.

And nope, the papacy is not a sacrament.
Pages: 1 2 3