FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Our next pope...groups vote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Some levity among the serious threads...

Media - I hope he's black
Cafeteria Catholics - I hope he updates our religion
Most US Nuns - I hope he is a she
Traditional Catholics - I hope he's CATHOLIC

(02-11-2013, 10:21 AM)onosurf Wrote: [ -> ]Some levity among the serious threads...

Media - I hope he's black
Cafeteria Catholics - I hope he updates our religion
Most US Nuns - I hope he is a she

I hope he's a Thomist.
(02-11-2013, 10:21 AM)onosurf Wrote: [ -> ]Media - I hope he's black

He may not be black, but people should be ready for a non-European pope. The Church is the strongest (population-wise, anyway) in the southern hemisphere. Though southerners don't represent much of the cardinalate, they do represent much of the Church militant.
(02-11-2013, 11:02 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2013, 10:21 AM)onosurf Wrote: [ -> ]Media - I hope he's black

He may not be black, but people should be ready for a non-European pope. The Church is the strongest (population-wise, anyway) in the southern hemisphere. Though southerners don't represent much of the cardinalate, they do represent much of the Church militant.

LOTR references... GO!

A Southron will get the stewart's seat.
Doubt he'll be a strong Thomist (if that means exclusively tied to Aquinas) - things really have moved on.

Revised:

Traditional Catholics - I hope he's unforgivably Catholic
Haha there is humor in change - as of February 28th everyone around the world will be a sede vacantist.

Regardless of how the future election turns out, God's will be done in our times Smile
(02-11-2013, 11:27 AM)Aenigmata in Tenebris Wrote: [ -> ]Haha there is humor in change - as of February 28th everyone around the world will be a sede vacantist.

Regardless of how the future election turns out, God's will be done in our times Smile

We will not be sedevacantists after Pope Benedict's resignation takes effect on February 20.  We will simply be going through an interregnum, the period between two papacies.  We last had an interregnum when Pope John Paul II died.
(02-11-2013, 11:46 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2013, 11:27 AM)Aenigmata in Tenebris Wrote: [ -> ]Haha there is humor in change - as of February 28th everyone around the world will be a sede vacantist.

We will not be sedevacantists after Pope Benedict's resignation takes effect on February 20.  We will simply be going through an interregnum, the period between two papacies.  We last had an interregnum when Pope John Paul II died.

Um, what do you think a sede vacante is?

Moreover, what do you think sedevacantists believe?  You've just described it.
(02-11-2013, 11:49 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2013, 11:46 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]

Um, what do you think a sede vacante is?

Moreover, what do you think sedevacantists believe?  You've just described it.

They believe that the Petrine office has been empty since whatever arbitrary Pope they favour died, ignoring subsequent popes - even though Benedict XVI is still quite visibly there right now, and will be til his resignation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4