FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Prophesies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's with all the prophesies about the future pope? I didn't know so many people were so obsessed with them. This is getting really weird.
Do you have a link to what you're referring to?
(02-11-2013, 08:01 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a link to what you're referring to?

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...cseen.html

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33865475 (and other posts later on in this thread)

And all those comments about Malachy/Malachi in various threads.
(02-12-2013, 07:50 AM)faith3faith Wrote:the next Pope will be a true traditional Catholic Pope. He will be Petros Romanus(Peter the Roman). Eventually he will be forced into hiding by the enemies outside the Church and within it. In that time period, you will see Cardinal against Cardinal, Bishop against Bishop, and Priest and against Priest. The enemies of the Church will put an anti-pope to sit in Rome while the true Pope, Peter the Roman, will be underground, feeding the sheep during the worst persecution of the Church in history. Then eventually Rome will be destroyed, and immediately afterwards comes judgement day.

I take it you did not read the first post of this thread?
There's a lot on the internet. I am just trying to put it together myself... Apparently it's a prophecy by St. Malachi who was given a vision of all the popes who are to come. The next one to come will be Peter the Roman. He will assist the anti Christ.

Edit; bad clip. My bad.
The prophecy itself makes no mention of Peter the Roman "assisting the anti Christ". All that stuff is outside interpretation.
(02-12-2013, 01:40 PM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]The prophecy itself makes no mention of Peter the Roman "assisting the anti Christ". All that stuff is outside interpretation.

Thanks, I wish there was something I could find on you tube --Catholic.
I just looked up St Malachi's prophesies. Honestly, most of these descriptions are so vague, that they could almost match anyone. As with most prophesies.

Also, the document is most likely a forgery from the sixteenth century.
(02-12-2013, 01:55 PM)ecclesiastes Wrote: [ -> ]I just looked up St Malachi's prophesies. Honestly, most of these descriptions are so vague, that they could almost match anyone. As with most prophesies.

Agreed they are very vague - but sometimes, they are eerily correct and that's why the prophecy has persisted in popularity, I guess.
(02-12-2013, 02:00 PM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed they are very vague - but sometimes, they are eerily correct and that's why the prophecy has persisted in popularity, I guess.

I suspect they are somewhat accurate up to the sixteenth century because the document dates from the sixteenth century. Most of the ones after that are very vague, and the interpretation very tenuous, I think.
Pages: 1 2