FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Michael Voris reaction to Pope's resignation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So apparently he decided to flee the wolves...not a faithfull shepard that.
(02-11-2013, 07:28 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote: [ -> ]So apparently he decided to flee the wolves...not a faithfull shepard that.

A canonized Saint who set such a precedent, that:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03479b.htm
(02-11-2013, 07:35 PM)Servus Immaculatae Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2013, 07:28 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote: [ -> ]So apparently he decided to flee the wolves...not a faithfull shepard that.

different time and context
(02-11-2013, 07:37 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote: [ -> ]different time and context

So in other words, you don't like Benedict XVI being the Pope, yet you don't like him abdicating the See of Peter, so.....
JoeVoxxPop,

Where does Michael Voris imply that the Pope is not a faithful shepherd, or that he fleeing for fear of the wolves? From what I saw, Voris said that the Pope is leaving so that a younger and more physically able man can pick up the weapons of war to fight.
(02-11-2013, 07:37 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2013, 07:35 PM)Servus Immaculatae Wrote: [ -> ]

different time and context

See other thread.  Different time, very similar context.

You should stop repeating this tired, incorrect point.
(02-11-2013, 07:41 PM)Meg Wrote: [ -> ]JoeVoxxPop,

Where does Michael Voris imply that the Pope is not a faithful shepherd, or that he fleeing for fear of the wolves? From what I saw, Voris said that the Pope is leaving so that a younger and more physically able man can pick up the weapons of war to fight.
Fine...show me from the Holy Writ of a Patriarch Prophet or Apostle taking this route of RESIGNATION.

PHEo its only tired to you...im not falling for your ad hominum traps.

Some of us (my wife and family) feel this to be abandonment. If you wish to try and polish this as you do all novelty in the church go ahead. Im not biting and trying to bully me into wont work.
What I posted was about as far from an ad hominem as you can get.  I didn't say anything about you - I simply addressed the argument (with reference to a Saint, no less).

Feelings of abandonment might be natural at a time like this.  This certainly isn't a standard way to end a papacy (even though it does have precedent).  I don't feel abandoned, but I certainly felt pretty confused this morning.

Still, our feelings are a poor guide for important matters like these, especially given that they can change so quickly.  We just have to stick with the facts, and those tell us that abdication is no novelty.
(02-11-2013, 08:08 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2013, 07:41 PM)Meg Wrote: [ -> ]JoeVoxxPop,

Fine...show me from the Holy Writ of a Patriarch Prophet or Apostle taking this route of RESIGNATION.

PHEo its only tired to you...im not falling for your ad hominum traps.

Some of us (my wife and family) feel this to be abandonment. If you wish to try and polish this as you do all novelty in the church go ahead. Im not biting and trying to bully me into wont work.

You'd rather a very old, very sick man persist in an office he doesn't feel capable of living up to? He can barely walk anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 4