FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Something Wicked This Way Comes???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.remnantnewspaper.com/Archives...icates.htm

Interesting article ... hadn't thought about Pope Benedict's stepping down as it relates to the canonization of John Paul II and the beatification of Paul VI.

Comments?
(02-12-2013, 06:13 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting article ... hadn't thought about Pope Benedict's stepping down as it relates to the canonization of John Paul II and the beatification of Paul VI.
It's interesting to think of it in the light of the SSPX-Rome reconciliation. Future Cardinalissimo Ratzinger may want to advise the future pope how to accomplish the SSPX regularization.
All in all it's a fascinating article, especially as it relates to JPII and Paul VI but also as it relates to Benedict XVI entrusting the Church to the Holy Ghost to elect someone younger and more vigorous to withstand the enemies within the Church.  That is a real possibility. I think he knows there are really powerful enemies in the highest leves of the Church. Just read Windswept House... There are forces at play that are beyond our wildest imaginings behind the walls of the Vatican.There is definitely an aura of mystery surrounding this whole scenario...
(02-12-2013, 06:42 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]All in all it's a fascinating article, especially as it relates to JPII and Paul VI but also as it relates to Benedict XVI entrusting the Church to the Holy Ghost to elect someone younger and more vigorous to withstand the enemies within the Church.  That is a real possibility. I think he knows there are really powerful enemies in the highest leves of the Church. Just read Windswept House... There are forces at play that are beyond our wildest imaginings behind the walls of the Vatican.There is definitely an aura of mystery surrounding this whole scenario...
I liked the article very much and I wonder if BXVI will try to concecrate Russia sometime before 2/28.
(02-12-2013, 06:13 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.remnantnewspaper.com/Archives...icates.htm

Interesting article ... hadn't thought about Pope Benedict's stepping down as it relates to the canonization of John Paul II and the beatification of Paul VI.

Comments?

I think Christopher Ferrara is on the right track with this article.  And I think we can thank God that Pope Benedict elevated many of the Cardinals that will be voting in this upcoming conclave.
(02-12-2013, 06:42 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]All in all it's a fascinating article, especially as it relates to JPII and Paul VI but also as it relates to Benedict XVI entrusting the Church to the Holy Ghost to elect someone younger and more vigorous to withstand the enemies within the Church.  That is a real possibility. I think he knows there are really powerful enemies in the highest leves of the Church. Just read Windswept House... There are forces at play that are beyond our wildest imaginings behind the walls of the Vatican.There is definitely an aura of mystery surrounding this whole scenario...

This reminds me that in one of his interviews with Bernard Janzen Malachi Martin had said he spoke to a Cardinal (who he purposely didn't name) who knew all about what you described (and then some) above yet refused to do anything about it, saying that he was "only a simple Cardinal. What can I do?" I wonder if that Cardinal was Ratzinger?
http://www.facebook.com/notes/united-sta...5849277327
"In his almost seven years as pope, Benedict XVI has named 89 new cardinals, 63 of whom are currently under 80. As 124 of the 213 living cardinals are currently under 80, this means, as of 2012, Pope Benedict has named just over half the cardinals who will elect his successor."

After reading the article in the opening post I think Pope Benedict's timing is impeccable.
Regarding the issue of the canonization of Pope John Paul ll, I recall reading that Pope Benedict wanted to fast-track the canonization of Pope John Paul ll, but someone close to him (can't recall who it was just now) encouraged Benedict to hold off for awhile on canonization. So I think that the Remnat is wrong on this particular issue.
I think it is linked to the betrayal of many of those "close associates" who sell information to the Italian press.
Huh? Huh? Huh?