FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The "other" Petrus Romanus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been told a couple of holy, orthodox priests that this is the man that they are hoping will be our next holy father......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A9ter_Erd%C5%91

Anyone know anything about him?
No, but he's only 60, so if he's a good one he'll have lots of natural strength (I would think) to carry out his tasks, not to mention the supernatural.  Then again, BXVI still has 5 days, and who knows what kind of crazyness can start overnight.
FROM RORATE CAELI

The following is our current list (after much research, but open to corrections) of the cardinal electors who have offered at least one public traditional Latin Mass as a cardinal, bishop or priest in the past four decades:

Philippe Cardinal Barbarin
Raymond Cardinal Burke
Carlo Cardinal Caffarra
Antonio Cardinal Cañizares Llovera
Velasio Cardinal De Paolis
George Cardinal Pell
Albert Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith

Jean-Pierre Cardinal Ricard
Franc Cardinal Rodé
Juan Cardinal Sandoval Íñiguez
John Cardinal Tong Hon
André Cardinal Vingt-Trois

I would LOVE to see Cardinal Burke become our next Pope, but I don't think they'll select an American. However, any of these men will make me happy!.
Thanks for the list, Joni. I am aware of it. Sadly, I don't think Burke has a chance.

The point of this was the fact that this Cardinal is named Peter, in reference to St. Malachy's prophecy....
I think whom-ever is elected, he will chose a name so far away from Peter that is will put to rest the prediction of the saint.  What other things hs he prophercied that was even close to coming to pass and if it were truly his prophesy, why did it take 400 years after his death to come to light and in a pace where he had never set foot ?

Who ever is elected by the Cardinals/chosen by the Holy Spirit, I pray he is able to lead the Church into the light and bring back the Church as it should be and put it simply to the Cafeteria Catholics out there, either come back to the fold in fullness or leave all-together and stop calling yourself Catholic.  And to any Catholic Politician, if you promote or vote for any legislation that is counter to Church teaching, you are out, no three srikes, out in the cold until such time as a full PUBLIC reconcilliation with the Church is made and that includes the repeal of the legislation that is against Church teaching that the individual supported currently and in the past.  Anyone falling under this edict,should be pubicly called to the fore and it should be made known in simple language so everyone can understand what is happening and why.  If the non-Catholics don't understand and talk bad about the Church and what it has done, then they should be deucated in what it is and means to be Cqatholic and why these values are held in such high regard.
God knows who and why each pope is chosen, so we shouldn't worry about the result.  This isn't Obama versus Romney.
I am hoping for Ranjith, just because he seems the most tradition-friendly of any of the cardinals (along with Burke). I actually think there could be a reasonable chance. He ticks a lot of boxes for different interests. He's uber-trad and orthodox, which appeals to conservatives. He is from the third world and is very conscientious of social justice issues, which could appeal to liberals. Plus, his candidacy would be unconventional (coming from outside of Europe), which might be appealing in the sense that he could be seen as someone to reach out to new souls. Plus, he speaks ten languages, so he could certainly reach out to the nations in a way similar to JPII.

Seems reasonable to me, but who knows. One can hope.
(02-24-2013, 01:58 AM)Jerome28712 Wrote: [ -> ]and if it were truly his prophesy, why did it take 400 years after his death to come to light and in a pace where he had never set foot ?
I don't know, but I was thinking the same thing recently.  Playing devil's advocate with myself I countered with the fact that if it is really his prophecy it would have been contained on a couple pages in one book.  One single book in all the world.  That was long before the printing press, etc.  If he were a religious he would have had superiors.  Who knows what they would have thought upon seeing that book?  "Well, that's one weird book, but Malachi was a good monk so don't burn it.  Just stick it in a corner of the library and forget about it".  Who knows, maybe there was some jerk years and years later who had trouble returning his library books and then moved to a different country.  Ok, sure, it could just be some forgery half as old as it claims to be, or it could be providence.  Why would the forger only go back so far?  Why not back to Gregory the Great?  Or Linus?  And attribute it to some guy who may or may not ever have existed in some far off land?  I don't even know which priests were stationed at my church before I lived here, and I have the benefit of the internet, and that was only a handful of years ago!  ...is what I thought when I played devil's advocate with myself.  lol.
John Allen devotes his "Papabile of the Day" article today to Cardinal Peter Erdo:  http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/pap...-be-pope-5
(02-23-2013, 03:49 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the list, Joni. I am aware of it. Sadly, I don't think Burke has a chance.

The point of this was the fact that this Cardinal is named Peter, in reference to St. Malachy's prophecy....

Not to mention that the sobriquet "Roman" fits him as well as he has worked with the Roma people, according to the article. 

Pages: 1 2