FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Changes in the wind in Orange County, CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a close friend of mine, whose son attends the prep school at St. Michael's Abbey in Orange County, has informed me that the newly installed bishop, the Most Reverend Kevin Vann, has been spending time with the Norbertine canons at their abbey since coming to California and trying to learn from them the TLM and aspects of their own unique liturgy. It also seems that he may have taken the abbot there as his confessor as well. The canons there feel that changes may be in the wind for the diocese! As a side note, Bishop Brown, whom Bishop Vann succeeded, visited the abbey all of ONE TIME during his tenure. Another good sign for California!
That's my old diocese. What an answer to prayer! Deo gratias!
(02-24-2013, 11:21 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: [ -> ]So a close friend of mine, whose son attends the prep school at St. Michael's Abbey in Orange County, has informed me that the newly installed bishop, the Most Reverend Kevin Vann, has been spending time with the Norbertine canons at their abbey since coming to California and trying to learn from them the TLM and aspects of their own unique liturgy. It also seems that he may have taken the abbot there as his confessor as well. The canons there feel that changes may be in the wind for the diocese! As a side note, Bishop Brown, whom Bishop Vann succeeded, visited the abbey all of ONE TIME during his tenure. Another good sign for California!
Hopefully they get a Catholic Cathedral soon!
I pray this is true.

The Norbertines are a bit "reform of the reform" for my taste but they're basically decent.
Pray Pray Pray
Pray

If it's true that the bishop is learning the TLM, what a blessing from Heaven!