FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Next Pope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had to get this in before Easter, so I get credit for the prediction.

Antonio Cardinal Cañizares Llovera

[Image: ppcanizares.jpg]

Why him?
Quote:Back to lurkdom -- and I mean it this time.
Antonio Cañizares Llovera (born 15 October 1945) is sometimes known by his nickname of "Little Ratzinger," referring to the similar beliefs and opinions between him and Benedict XVI who himself is aware of and "very amused by this expression."

In response to an interview in December 2008 Cardinal Cañizares Llovera stated regarding the best way to receive the Eucharist: "What does it mean to receive communion in the mouth? What does it mean to kneel before the Most Holy Sacrament? What does it mean to kneel during the consecration at Mass? It means adoration, it means recognizing the real presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist; it means respect and an attitude of faith of a man who prostrates before God because he knows that everything comes from Him, and we feel speechless, dumbfounded, before the wondrousness, his goodness, and his mercy. That is why it is not the same to place the hand, and to receive communion in any fashion, than doing it in a respectful way; it is not the same to receive communion kneeling or standing up, because all these signs indicate a profound meaning."

In regard to the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum, Cañizares Llovera has stated, "[The] intention of the Pope has not only been to satisfy the followers of Monsignor Lefevbre, nor to confine himself to respond to the just wishes of the faithful who feel attached...to the liturgical heritage represented by the Roman Rite, but also, and in a special way, to open the liturgical richness of the Church to all the faithful, thus making possible the discovery of the treasures of the liturgical patrimony of the Church to those who still do not know it...even if there were not a single 'traditionalist' whom to satisfy, this 'discovery' would have been enough to justify the provisions of the Pope."
Unfortunately, I think he only speaks Spanish?
(02-25-2013, 07:22 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Back to lurkdom -- and I mean it this time.

My pride and the unsurpassed draw of Fish Eaters caused me to breach. Mea maxima cupla. Salute
If these quotes are accurate, were he to be elected, I would be very encouraged.
Sorry. I meant 'Why do you think he has a chance'? Great guy, that's for sure, but there are a lot of them now, and as far as I can tell none of them stands a chance. It would be nice if there were even one with a chance.
Every one going to the conclave expecting to be pope comes out a cardinal.
(02-25-2013, 09:38 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: [ -> ]If these quotes are accurate, were he to be elected, I would be very encouraged.

I originally found Antonio Cardinal Cañizares Llovera's quotes on the Wikipedia page for him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Ca%...es_Llovera

But I was able to verify his quotes regarding the best way to receive the Eucharist at Rorate Caeli here.
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2008/12...on-on.html

And his quotes in regard to the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum can be verified here.
http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/200...-usus.html

Yeah he'd be a good Pope I think.
Pages: 1 2