FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is this the Bishop in White 3rd Secret of Fatima message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(02-26-2013, 11:07 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]http://catholicnewsherald.com/42-news/ro...the-church

Approximately 120,000 pilgrims heard Pope Benedict XVI deliver his last Angelus address, in which he said that “the Lord called me to ‘climb the mountain,’ to devote myself even more to prayer and meditation,” a change that does not mean “abandoning the Church.”

That is something I have been pondering quite a bit lately.  When I read he said to "climb the mountain" (granted in the context of the Transfiguration), my Fatima radar went off. 

We are living in very interesting (and scary) times. 
Mathew 24:36

"But of that day and hour no one knoweth, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone."
But, Old Salt, it is written just before that:
Quote:[32] And from the fig tree learn a parable: When the branch thereof is now tender, and the leaves come forth, you know that summer is nigh. [33] So you also, when you shall see all these things, know ye that it is nigh, even at the doors. [34] Amen I say to you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. [35] Heaven and earth shall pass, but my words shall not pass.

We will not know the exact day or the exact hour, but we will know the season.

The fervor with which this recognition inspires many Catholics to focus on their sanctification more than ever is good. They may be wholly wrong, but at least they are holy and wrong.

Do not discourage them in this.
(02-26-2013, 12:40 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]These are the kind of days I wish Fr. Kramer of Fatima dot org. was a poster here.

tim

I will Skype him.  I had this exact conversation with him from Costa Rica on the day the Pope resigned and stressed the very part you had in all caps above.  Very interesting.  Curiouser and curiouser.
(02-26-2013, 03:18 PM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]Mathew 24:36

"But of that day and hour no one knoweth, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone."

We will know it one hour after it has happened.

And it doesn't say we can't take an educated guess.
(02-26-2013, 03:35 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2013, 12:40 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]These are the kind of days I wish Fr. Kramer of Fatima dot org. was a poster here.

tim

I will Skype him.  I had this exact conversation with him from Costa Rica on the day the Pope resigned and stressed the very part you had in all caps above.  Very interesting.  Curiouser and curiouser.

I'd be very interested in hearing Father Paul Kramer's take on all of this.  He has written some very eye opening articles.
(02-26-2013, 03:32 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]But, Old Salt, it is written just before that:
Quote:[32] And from the fig tree learn a parable: When the branch thereof is now tender, and the leaves come forth, you know that summer is nigh. [33] So you also, when you shall see all these things, know ye that it is nigh, even at the doors. [34] Amen I say to you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. [35] Heaven and earth shall pass, but my words shall not pass.

We will not know the exact day or the exact hour, but we will know the season.

The fervor with which this recognition inspires many Catholics to focus on their sanctification more than ever is good. They may be wholly wrong, but at least they are holy and wrong.

Do not discourage them in this.
The season began when Christ ascended to Heaven.
(02-26-2013, 03:09 PM)TradCathYouth Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed this is scary. We must be prepared. Order all the sacramentals you can afford (i.e. brown scapulars, Miraculous Medals, cheap rosaries), before it becomes impossible to order any.

I have to agree with you. Also, I have noticed that a lot of (NO) Priest, at least here in my location, will not bless sacramentals and it is taking considerable effort in tracking down those that will.
(02-26-2013, 03:37 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2013, 03:18 PM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]Mathew 24:36

We will know it one hour after it has happened.

And it doesn't say we can't take an educated guess.
Speculation does no good.

We should live like the next moment is our last, at all times.

Always in Grace.
Well his take the other day was that I was reading too much into the words and that it was just the free hand thoughts of Lucia penning the third secret.

But I personally think that when the Sun moves around in the sky and 70,000 see it, then God has got the thing front and centre on his to do list.  I would hope that when Lucia penned those words that the Holy Spirit was kinda sorta dictating, so that every word and phrase had some meaning which in 100 years from now Catholics will be able to look back on and see that the whole thing was a very long planned and perfectly suited event for these times.

The expression, we had the impression it was the Holy Father has set my spidey senses tingling ever since I first read it in June 2000.

You had the impression.....hmmmmm..... So you were not sure, might have been someone else.....you had an element of doubt, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

This is certainly interesting news.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9