FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What did Fishies think 8 years ago about Cardinal Ratzinger.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone with searching rights on Fisheaters want to go into the archives and bump up some 8 year old threads about Ratzinger/Benedict  ???

Might make interesting reading eight years on to see how optimistic, realistic or pessimistic, people were back then.

It you cannot bump them then just cut and paste them.
Anyone mildly curious?
The archives only go back to November 2005 so there aren't any threads about Cardinal Ratzinger.

I was surprised to see few threads about the Pope in the really old threads. There was a thead about him being a Latinist and another about him being JPII-like, but overall FE seemed like a much quieter place 8 years ago.
In those days, we just ate fish, and then talked about eating fish.
I am looking for Trads views.  We had computers in 2005 where were we posting back then?  Who has the data?
I don't have search privileges, Greg.  But I remember what I thought.  I was very happy that Pope Benedict was elected.  In general, I have been pleased with his governance of the Church.  I'm not unmindful of your criticisms (at least the ones I've read), and would add that my expectations were low.  I do not think anyone else would have done much better with the abuse scandals.  I would have liked to see more bishops deprived of their sees.  I would have liked the SSPX to have been regularized with no preconditions.  I believe that many bishops and high officials know that the only way to reverse the decay of the Church is to scrap large parts of Vatican 2 and its legacy.  No one knows how serious the liberal bishops are about going into schism over such a move.  I don't really fault Pope Benedict either fearing those elements in the Church or not knowing how to strike such a decisive blow.  Saying that he did not take the needed step seems criticism enough.  

8 years ago you didn't have SP and the NO friendly people who like the TLM  and a SSPX sending mixed signals so there was probably less interest in Pope as the trad crowd had no dounts about what it thought about Rome.
(03-01-2013, 07:03 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking for Trads views.  We had computers in 2005 where were we posting back then?  Who has the data?

You might find old posts on Catholic Answers Forum.  

I was not active on the forumsphere in 05.
8 years ago I was still out in the world and had not yet come home to Holy Mother Church.
(03-01-2013, 07:03 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking for Trads views.  We had computers in 2005 where were we posting back then?  Who has the data?

FE used to be on another forum but that info was wiped out. As have the AQ forums. One of the problems of the internet is so much information is deleted every day.
Pages: 1 2 3