FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishops ask for fast and abstinence: What is their game here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Did you know that the Conciliar Bishops have asked all Catholics to fast and abstain from meat on every Friday of the year, through November 23, 2013? I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned around here, since, if there's one thing I know that traddies love to do (besides navel gazing about hidden secrets and mis-consecrated planets) it's fast and abstain!

http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachin...pledge.cfm

Quote:Call to Prayer: Pledge to Fast

Pledge to fast during the Call to Prayer

In this Year of Faith, the U.S. Bishops are encouraging Catholics throughout the country to offer their Friday acts of sacrifice and penance, and particularly to abstain from meat and fast on Fridays until Christ the King Sunday (November 24, 2013), for the intention of the protection of Life, Marriage, and Religious Liberty.

Answer this call to prayer, penance, and sacrifice by making a pledge to abstain from meat and to fast on Fridays.

Sign your name to the online pledge and join your spiritual and bodily sacrifice with others in the Church for these intentions.

Encourage others to join the movement by sharing this page and our Facebook page with them!

Is this an insidious attempt to get us trads to do something good (fast & abstain) to achieve something evil (religious liberty)? Are the modernists attempting to co-opt us by turning our traditions against us?

I believe we should instead turn the tables on the Conciliar Bishops!! I say all traddies should eat meat on every single Friday until November 23, 2013, and not only should we eat meat, we should absolutely GORGE ourselves!!! We should eat so much meat, we will be like the Jews eating quail in the wilderness, it will be coming out of our noses.  ESPECIALLY, DURING LENT!!!! By doing this, we will be sending a clear message to the Conciliar Bishops that we are not falling for their evil schemes and we will not be mocked!

In addition, I would like to request that Vox change the name of the site for the duration to MEATEATERS!!!

Who's with me??? Meateaters of the world, unite!!!! Stick a thumb in the eye of the modernist Conciliar Bishops and let them know we reject their diabolical disorientation.
I don't eat meat on Fridays anyway.  Besides not eating meat on Fridays was never revoked.  It was supposed to be that if you did eat meat on Fridays you were supposed to do some other penance in its place.
(03-03-2013, 12:00 AM)littlepaddle Wrote: [ -> ]I don't eat meat on Fridays anyway.  Besides not eating meat on Fridays was never revoked.  It was supposed to be that if you did eat meat on Fridays you were supposed to do some other penance in its place.

You are aiding and abetting the modernists.  Shame!  SHAME, I SAY!!!!

Eat meat, get to heaven.  It's really that simple.
HE WEEPS!!!!!!!

[Image: atradpup_zpsed9f954e.jpg]
They say pray; we still pray.
They say no meat; we still eat no meat.

Sometimes it's right to aid and abet the modernists; even a stopped clock
is right twice a day.
(03-03-2013, 12:19 AM)Doce Me Wrote: [ -> ]They say pray; we still pray.
They say no meat; we still eat no meat.

Sometimes it's right to aid and abet the modernists; even a stopped clock
is right twice a day.

This is the kind of apologia pro backsliding I'd expect from a Conciliarist, but hardly a trad.  Et tu, Doce Me?

#latinFTW!!!!
(03-02-2013, 11:55 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Did you know that the Conciliar Bishops have asked all Catholics to fast and abstain from meat on every Friday of the year, through November 23, 2013? I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned around here, since, if there's one thing I know that traddies love to do (besides navel gazing about hidden secrets and mis-consecrated planets) it's fast and abstain!

http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachin...pledge.cfm

Quote:Call to Prayer: Pledge to Fast

Pledge to fast during the Call to Prayer

In this Year of Faith, the U.S. Bishops are encouraging Catholics throughout the country to offer their Friday acts of sacrifice and penance, and particularly to abstain from meat and fast on Fridays until Christ the King Sunday (November 24, 2013), for the intention of the protection of Life, Marriage, and Religious Liberty.

Answer this call to prayer, penance, and sacrifice by making a pledge to abstain from meat and to fast on Fridays.

Sign your name to the online pledge and join your spiritual and bodily sacrifice with others in the Church for these intentions.

Encourage others to join the movement by sharing this page and our Facebook page with them!

Is this an insidious attempt to get us trads to do something good (fast & abstain) to achieve something evil (religious liberty)? Are the modernists attempting to co-opt us by turning our traditions against us?

I believe we should instead turn the tables on the Conciliar Bishops!! I say all traddies should eat meat on every single Friday until November 23, 2013, and not only should we eat meat, we should absolutely GORGE ourselves!!! We should eat so much meat, we will be like the Jews eating quail in the wilderness, it will be coming out of our noses.  ESPECIALLY, DURING LENT!!!! By doing this, we will be sending a clear message to the Conciliar Bishops that we are not falling for their evil schemes and we will not be mocked!

In addition, I would like to request that Vox change the name of the site for the duration to MEATEATERS!!!

Who's with me??? Meateaters of the world, unite!!!! Stick a thumb in the eye of the modernist Conciliar Bishops and let them know we reject their diabolical disorientation.

Its been announced at my Parish every other week since the beginning of the year, and its also been in the Parish Bulletin every week. 
(03-03-2013, 12:41 AM)DoktorDespot Wrote: [ -> ]Its been announced at my Parish every other week since the beginning of the year, and its also been in the Parish Bulletin every week. 

Come back, Doktor.  We are talking the virtual world, the Fishtank.  What goes on in the Fishtank has nothing to do with reality.

I'm beginning to doubt you really are a doctor, Doktor.  I'm watching you.  :sneaky:
I stopped reading when I saw "Christ the King" and "Religious Liberty" in the same sentence.  The Modernists are now using penance to promote their pernicious doctrines.
i'm on a feeding tube so fasting doesn't mean much to me.  But i think it's overall a good thing to ask people to ask people to fast for the cause of life and traditional marriage.  It's what people should be doing.  That being said I also think it is good to fast asking God to give us bishops with spines...and will preach against contraception and homosexuality
Pages: 1 2 3