FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal O'Brien admits to below-standard sexual behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(03-04-2013, 05:43 PM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]O'Brien should be defrocked and kicked out on his ear.  Yet he's going to take a comfortable retirement on the lay person's buck, that's given at every Sunday offering.  I can think of much better use for our Sunday offerings.

This is wrong.  Any one of these homosexuals should be gone for good.  That's the only way to cut this gang green out of the Church.

And what's with this Papal Nuncio?  If it's Vatican policy to hush up any homosexuals and molesters then it should be changed immediately because it is heresy to protect and coddle these deviants.

None of this is defendable.

Yeah and go after the enablers and those that elevated them like StCeciliasGirl suggested.  That is exactly what we need in the Church right now, a witch hunt to get rid of the rot.

Wanted to add, I couldn't agree more.  :amen:

And Greg has a good point re: the psychopath/sociopath bit. I do wonder if God hasn't given us psychopaths to test us — it's happened before — but still we have to hope to seek out and find who wasn't watching the flock when they let (or helped?) O'Brien rise to power. In North America, we're fairly used to these guys, but their power is negligible. Mahony defies the world and uses his Conclave vote. Definitely understand.

But with Fr. Oko's recently published report on the homo lobby, "WITH THE POPE AGAINST THE
HOMOHERESY
" (PDF file warning, for those who don't like pdfs: http://www.churchmilitant.tv/documents/v...-02-22.pdf), I have to wonder if a homo sexual harasser such as O'Brien might not be part of this "homo lobby". And if so, how important (leading, or bribed; either way, not good to be aligned with the enemy of the Church.) I will pray that the Church soon makes inquiry into this potentially "hot lead," instead of allow him to drift away silently into the night.

(Where did we GET that? "Drift away silently into the night"... cause that's messed up! Watch it be Biblical! But I was thinking it was Lord Byron or some other poet.)

Thank you Warrenton for the insight on WWII and how those proclivities (homosexual activity) may have flourished after Vatican II, when things got very relaxed. I'd love to think that Paul VI had it in his heart to "open the windows" to make the Consecration of Russia possible, but ...man it's hard to do, seeing what's happened to the Church since V2.

And particularly, seeing the N.O., though I do admit that I don't hate the way EWTN used to celebrate the Mass, back before Mother Angelica's stroke. I guess their Mass doesn't bother me too much even now, due to the music —although the priest is facing the wrong way, and I know that their Latin prayer of consecration isn't exactly what it should be. It's LACKING, and I think that's Prayer I.  :((

I'm hearing the Eastern Orthodox asking the RCCs (my "friendlies") on FB to "flee the RCC" until she comes out of her problems, or some such. (Been to one of those... not sure which flavor, tbh; that cathedral still hosts our Latin Club activities, and do a really great job, both with hosting, and with inviting people to visit. —But I can't imagine our guys kissing the floor and such, and that was LOW Mass for them, if I understood them correctly. I wasn't sure what they were saying, but things sure did look holy!) (Not that I was particularly tempted, but that I wonder if some of our guys won't be tempted.)

Somehow, this all feels like it hooks in with Fatima a bit. To me. But indeed, who am I, but a nobody. Still, would love to discuss this in a more applicable forum or sub-forum: Fatima and What's Happening Now. As I'm still new to navigating FE, please someone hit me up if such a sub-forum or thread opens!  :grin:
Repeating this just in case you missed it StCeciliasGirl.  If not for new seminarians then not for those in the existing priesthood either.  Bottom line.  Defrock every homosexual priest, bishop and cardinal.  This is an intentional infiltration to try to destroy the Church.  No retirement, just get rid of them.

(03-04-2013, 06:00 PM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]In 2008 Pope Benedict changed the policy for seminarians, to not allow anyone that has even had any tendency towards the same sex.  Why should it be different for priests, bishops and cardinals, even those that are running the administration of the Church?
Smurf I'm truly sorry to have offended you in any way. (I didn't see your post until my last post addressing the others). Okay, I overstep and my priest is in error. Fine, I'll take my chances. Maybe there IS a demon inside me after praying a rosary intention; indeed, I adopted a hard Cardinal (modernist) to pray a rosary for during the Conclave, and I was concerned how I should take on such a Cardinal to pray for. (I asked St. Pius X for an assist; maybe it didn't take.)

I imagine if someone attacked Cardinal Arinze or another one I'm very fond of, I'd be right where you are. (In fact, there are several priests and a Pope I'm pulling for actively who have been either hushed up or not canonized, accused wrongly, I feel, and who should be returned to active priesthood or, in the case of Pope Pius XII, beatified/canonized.)

But while I might be overstepping my place (as my concern was more about the Church and the homo lobby, and not particularly about a fallen Card and a questionable Nuncio), I have a strong inclination that the hierarchy has not stepped at all (unless it was to excommunicate the SSPX, defender of the Faith). I've got Cardinal Mahony and I'm not exactly doing more than signing an online petition, which is also probably overstepping. I overstep. You want my priest defrocked. I accept your position, and again am sorry you're offended by my posts.
(03-04-2013, 10:50 PM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]Repeating this just in case you missed it StCeciliasGirl.  If not for new seminarians then not for those in the existing priesthood either.  Bottom line.  Defrock every homosexual priest, bishop and cardinal.  This is an intentional infiltration to try to destroy the Church.  No retirement, just get rid of them.

(03-04-2013, 06:00 PM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]In 2008 Pope Benedict changed the policy for seminarians, to not allow anyone that has even had any tendency towards the same sex.  Why should it be different for priests, bishops and cardinals, even those that are running the administration of the Church?

Thank you. Absolutely I saw it, and I agree. :))

I am quite fond of His Holiness BXVI and the direction he was taking the Church. (Which might be why I'm so offended by this O'Brien guy, for doing the exact opposite of his stated intentions, and changing his statement after "retirement", and, I fear, putting a bad light on our Pope Emeritus.)

I'm not quite sure why some FEs think he's "mismanaged" (except possibly in not throwing out the homos on their ears, defrocked, soon enough), but I think he was going in the right direction, and it is my fervent hope and desire that he will be proved out the best Pope since Pius XII, as I think he will be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4