FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 100 days. A silly wishlist.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The first 100 days of the next pontificate, in my wild imagination, go like this:

First, he takes the name Urban IX, then:

1.No curial appointments are re-affirmed until everyone takes the oath against modernism.  All of these swearings are filmed and put on YouTube for the world to see. 

2.The 300 page document is published on the vatican website.

3.+Mahoney is excommunicated for material and formal heresy dealing with the Eucharist.

4.Wuerl is replaced with Dolan.  Dolan is told to excommunicate the worst pro-abortion politicians in the USA by the end of the 100 days and bar them physically from receiving.  Their home Bishops are warned to reiterate the excommunication or face being assigned an imaginary see in the desert.

5.The Pope writes an instruction on the proper disciplinary implementation of  Evangelium Vitae.

6.The Pope demands the Canadian Bishops renounce the WInnipeg statement formally or face removal.

7.Every Austrian priest who signed the Call to Disobedience is given one week to recant, or excommunicated and stripped (obviously) of all faculties and renumeration. 

8.Msgr. Schuller made to stand in the snow for a suitably long period of time if he wants his excommunication lifted.

9.Bishop Muller replaced.  With anyone.

10.All Bishops required to sign a statement of full compliance and obedience to Summorum Pontificum, all of these scanned and published on the Vatican website.  Penalty is being sent to the desert.

11.All indults for communion in the hand revoked, globally. 

12.Jesuits suppressed.

13.A minimum five year period of "reflection" mandated for the ongoing canonization process of any Roman pontiff.

14.A new initiative to heal all wounds between the Holy See and the SSPX announced.  +Burke or Ranjith to head.  No time limits. 

15.Pope issues a definitive glabal statement on the status of the SSPX including detailed instructions for every Bishop concerning cooperation with the SSPX, SSPX use of Church facilities, and rules for assistance at SSPX masses by the laity.

16.1965 Missal specified as allowed in addition to 62 and PaulVI.

17.New Rite of Baptism suppressed.

18.Rite of Christian Initiation suppressed.

19.New Rite of Blessing of Water suppressed.

20.Papal instruction on applause during Mass issued. 

21.Guitars at Mass suppressed.

22.Permission for female altar servers revoked, globally.

23.+Weakland called to Rome under obedience, locked in Vatican to prevent his memoirs being published.

24.Lefevbre excommunication lifted. 

From Mikemac:

25. Say the five minute prayer to Consecrate Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart. (should be number 1)

26. Demand all bishops say the prayer to Consecrate Russia or face excommunication.  All bishops will be video and audio taped on the day of the Consecration and a commission will review the tapes to ensure compliancy.

27. The extra ordinary ministers are suppressed.

28. Order to return to using high altars and kneeling rails.   

From AdOrientem:

29.  ALL radical feminist "sisters" given 24 hours to recant their heresies and exchange their warm-up suits and sneakers for traditional floor length habits or face excommunication...

From Armor of Light:

30.Removal of the Luminous Mysteries.

From Catquilt and Myself:

31.Churchwide effort to increase time available for confessions is parishes, plus a definitive statement on the licity of hearing confessions during Mass.

That was fun.  Anyone have any more wishes?

(03-05-2013, 05:17 PM)Burdensome1 Wrote: [ -> ]16.1965 Missal specified as allowed in addition to 62 and PaulVI.

The 1965 Mass should completely replace the NO of 1970.....  They can say most of it English, with Latin hymns as to not scare away the church goers and the young to middle aged non-traditional crowds!  Also, the priest must face east and they must totally abolish CITH!!  Also bring back the Leonine Prayers at the end of Mass as well!   

But, throw the NO away completely!!
Yes...but I didn't want to fly too far into fantasy...
(03-05-2013, 05:26 PM)Burdensome1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes...but I didn't want to fly too far into fantasy...

Okay, fair enough!!
Papa Burdensome, I'm with you, dude !

tim
Make willful  violation of Liturgical rubrics and norms incur automatic canonical suspension.
(03-05-2013, 05:25 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2013, 05:17 PM)Burdensome1 Wrote: [ -> ]16.1965 Missal specified as allowed in addition to 62 and PaulVI.

The 1965 Mass should completely replace the NO of 1970.....  [b][i]They can say most of it English[/i][/b], with Latin hymns as to not scare away the church goers and the young to middle aged non-traditional crowds!  Also, the priest must face east and they must totally abolish CITH!!  Also bring back the Leonine Prayers at the end of Mass as well!   

But, throw the NO away completely!!

In my city of 7 Catholic parishes,  there are two TLM's per month so, I think it would be proper to keep the Mass of 1962, IN LATIN,  as the new Ordinary form & make sure that those who have developed an affection for the Novus Ordo, can have that Mass, as the Extraordinary form  in our city maybe twice a month .  :)
25. Say the five minute prayer to Consecrate Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart. (should be number 1)

26. Demand all bishops say the prayer to Consecrate Russia or face excommunication.  All bishops will be video and audio taped on the day of the Consecration and a commission will review the tapes to ensure compliancy.

27. The extra ordinary ministers are suppressed.

28. Order to return to using high altars and kneeling rails.   

Addition to 6

6.The Pope demands the Canadian Bishops renounce the Winnipeg statement formally as well as the equivalent statement in the US or face removal.
28.  ALL radical feminist "sisters" given 24 hours to recant their heresies and exchange their warm-up suits and sneakers for traditional floor length habits or face excommunication...
That would be number 29 AdOrientem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4