FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rosary mysteries in Latin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for some help with the titles for the rosary mysteries in Latin if one were to be saying the six-decade Brigittine rosary.  Below are the mysteries in Latin as published by the Dominicans.  Can any one help with offering translation of "The Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary", "The Descent of Jesus from the Cross" and "The Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary" in a similar style to those given by the Dominicans for the other mysteries?

Quote:Joyful: Annuntiatio Beatæ Mariæ Virginis, Visitatio beatæ Virginis Mariæ ad Sancti Elisabeth, Nativitas Salvatoris nostri, Oblatio Christi in templo and Inventio pueri Jesu inter doctores.

Sorrowful: Oratio et agonia Christi in horto, Flagellatio crudelis, Coronatio acerbissima spinarum, Bajulatio Crucis ad Calvarium montem and Crucifixio et mors in ligno Crucis.

Glorious: Resurrectio Christi a mortuis, Ascensio Christi in cælum,  Missio Spiritus Sancti in discipulos,  Assumptio beatæ Mariæ Virginis in cælum and Coronatio beatæ Mariæ Virginis in Cælo.
Thanks for this! Always bothered me. Now all I need is translations for the 'through this mystery and the intercession of our Blessed Mother, I/we pray for...' bits before the Glorias.

You might have better luck with answers in the ecclesiastical Latin sub-forum.