FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholics and homosexuality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Over the last couple of decades the Church has been scandalized, subverted and slandered by homosexual abusers wrongfully labeled as pedophiles, enabling bishops, openly gay priests and now a homolobby in the Vatican.  There seems to even be a network of activists within the Church that think we should be accepting of this and even celebrate the lifestyle.  I guess it's left up to the individual whether or not they want to contribute to this scandalizing, subverting and slandering.  You know, because they do have their "right" to keep their "identity" whether or not they have followed through on any of their temptations or have been chaste for years.  The question is, how long are they going to maintain their "right" to keep their "identity"; until the Church is in the catacombs again?
(03-11-2013, 10:48 AM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]Over the last couple of decades the Church has been scandalized, subverted and slandered by homosexual abusers wrongfully labeled as pedophiles, enabling bishops, openly gay priests and now a homolobby in the Vatican.  There seems to even be a network of activists within the Church that think we should be accepting of this and even celebrate the lifestyle.  I guess it's left up to the individual whether or not they want to contribute to this scandalizing, subverting and slandering.  You know, because they do have their "right" to keep their "identity" whether or not they have followed through on any of their temptations or have been chaste for years.  The question is, how long are they going to maintain their "right" to keep their "identity"; until the Church is in the catacombs again?

? Someone's identity as a person who suffers from SSA is just that whether they follow through on their temptations or not, even if they've never done that once. And everyone has a "'right' to keep their 'identity'", and  how someone's doing that "scandalizes, subverts, or slanders" anyone else is beyond me. I mean, are you wanting for people to lie about who they are and what they're about?

The folks we need to fight are the ones trying to subvert Church teaching on these matters, not people who just happen to be homosexual.

(03-11-2013, 10:48 AM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]Over the last couple of decades the Church has been scandalized, subverted and slandered by homosexual abusers wrongfully labeled as pedophiles, enabling bishops, openly gay priests and now a homolobby in the Vatican.  There seems to even be a network of activists within the Church that think we should be accepting of this and even celebrate the lifestyle.  I guess it's left up to the individual whether or not they want to contribute to this scandalizing, subverting and slandering.  You know, because they do have their "right" to keep their "identity" whether or not they have followed through on any of their temptations or have been chaste for years.  The question is, how long are they going to maintain their "right" to keep their "identity"; until the Church is in the catacombs again?
How it subversion for a person to admitt to himself, and his closest friends that he struggles with SSA? Seriously dude!
I find it harder to have an abhorrence for the sins that cry out to Heaven when they're talked about, not to mention when they're joked about or examined publicly.
(03-11-2013, 12:26 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]I find it harder to have an abhorrence for the sins that cry out to Heaven when they're talked about, not to mention when they're joked about or examined publicly.
Again, there is a difference between the condition, SSA, and the sin of homosexual acts.
(03-11-2013, 12:32 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 12:26 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]I find it harder to have an abhorrence for the sins that cry out to Heaven when they're talked about, not to mention when they're joked about or examined publicly.
Again, there is a difference between the condition, SSA, and the sin of homosexual acts.

How does this difference apply to my statement?

How do you mean?
(03-11-2013, 12:12 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]
How it subversion for a person to admitt to himself, and his closest friends that he struggles with SSA? Seriously dude!

Um ... seriously dude.  I don't even know you nor do probably most of the members and readers of this forum.  Vox will say that you have the right to air your struggle with SSA publicly in her forum for the world to see.  But consider the contradiction with your above statement.  You are going far beyond admitting to yourself and your closest friends that you struggle with SSA.  Almost as if you are flaunting it and looking for a badge of honour.  
(03-11-2013, 01:39 PM)Antonius Josephus Wrote: [ -> ]

How do you mean?

Sometimes familiarity with disorder just wears away at order.
(03-11-2013, 12:32 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you agree that it's a mortal sin to dwell on thoughts about SSA?  How about joking about it?  Or chatting about it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37