FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholics and homosexuality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
(03-11-2013, 02:24 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 12:32 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 12:26 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]I find it harder to have an abhorrence for the sins that cry out to Heaven when they're talked about, not to mention when they're joked about or examined publicly.
Again, there is a difference between the condition, SSA, and the sin of homosexual acts.

Do you agree that it's a mortal sin to dwell on thoughts about SSA?  How about joking about it?  Or chatting about it?
It's definitely a mortal sin to fantasize. It's a mortal sin to talk about it if one is purposely trying to titilate oneself or others. It is not a mortal sin to say "Hi, I'm bob. I am attracted to members of the same sex. This is what I do to overcome these temptations. Perhaps this will be helpful to you."
(03-11-2013, 02:31 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]"Hi, I'm bob. I am attracted to members of the same sex. This is what I do to overcome these temptations. Perhaps this will be helpful to you."

[Image: faint-o.gif]

(03-11-2013, 02:35 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 02:31 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]"Hi, I'm bob. I am attracted to members of the same sex. This is what I do to overcome these temptations. Perhaps this will be helpful to you."

[Image: faint-o.gif]

Those were the days, indeed.

ETA: we're talking about an addiction here.  To mention a particular drug to a drug addict is sort of like pushing them down a staircase.
(03-11-2013, 02:31 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 12:26 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]I find it harder to have an abhorrence for the sins that cry out to Heaven when they're talked about, not to mention when they're joked about or examined publicly.
Again, there is a difference between the condition, SSA, and the sin of homosexual acts.

Do you agree that it's a mortal sin to dwell on thoughts about SSA?  How about joking about it?  Or chatting about it?
It's definitely a mortal sin to fantasize. It's a mortal sin to talk about it if one is purposely trying to titilate oneself or others. It is not a mortal sin to say "Hi, I'm bob. I am attracted to members of the same sex. This is what I do to overcome these temptations. Perhaps this will be helpful to you."

I'm sorry, but for the life of me I can not see how that would be helpful.  Again to me it seems like you'd be flaunting it or even trolling for like minds.
(03-11-2013, 03:06 PM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 02:31 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]

You probably don't understand because your don't struggle with SSA. I suggest shifting out of the "everyone is attracted to persons of the same gender is scum" gear, and shift into, Christ wants me to show mercy to others gear.
I'm sorry, but for the life of me I can not see how that would be helpful.  Again to me it seems like you'd be flaunting it or even trolling for like minds.
When I was 19 I went from asking how on earth abortion was not murder, to being convinced I couldn't understand because I had never gone through it. 
(03-11-2013, 03:29 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]When I was 19 I went from asking how on earth abortion was not murder, to being convinced I couldn't understand because I had never gone through it. 
Seriosly dude? This is not even a good analogy. I didn't say anything about commiting homosexual acts. I said struggling with SSA. I will say this very slowly and hopefully everyone on this forum will understand:

S...........S............A ........is........not.........a.........sin........ It..........is........ the........unfortunate........condition........of..........being.........attracted.........to.........members..........of..........the.........same..........sex.

On the other hand,
Homosexual.......acts.......are.......gravely.........sinful.
As for those who don't understand why chaste men and women who struggle with SSA might want to meet others in the same situation, have any of you considered the fact that solidarity in purpose helps to give others the courage to battle??????????
(03-11-2013, 03:32 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 03:29 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]When I was 19 I went from asking how on earth abortion was not murder, to being convinced I couldn't understand because I had never gone through it. 
Seriosly dude? This is not even a good analogy. I didn't say anything about commiting homosexual acts. I said struggling with SSA. I will say this very slowly and hopefully everyone on this forum will understand:

S...........S............A ........is........not.........a.........sin........ It..........is........ the........unfortunate........condition........of..........being.........attracted.........to.........members..........of..........the.........same..........sex.

On the other hand,
Homosexual.......acts.......are.......gravely.........sinful.

Your blowhard monologue is proof of your disordered mind.  And I'm not a dude.
(03-11-2013, 03:34 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]Your blowhard monologue is proof of your disordered mind.  And I'm not a dude.
So the fact that I can tell the difference between sin and temptation makes me intellectually disordered? That is a very strange point of view.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37