FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholics and homosexuality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
(03-11-2013, 09:08 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Now that we've cleared up who talks about what when and with whom, I'd like to see a discussion on my suggestion for screening out undesirable seminarians. 

Go ahead....  :tiphat:

OK.  One problem with your idea is that it would leave a woman in charge of deciding which men are the worthy candidates for the priesthood, since only a woman would be a sound judge in the trial you're suggesting.
Are there any Courage groups, or anything similar, at any trad chapels?
Quote:He that dwelleth in the aid of the most High, shall abide under the protection of the God of Jacob.

He shall say to the Lord: Thou art my protector, and my refuge: my God, in him will I trust.

For he hath delivered me from the snare of the hunters: and from the sharp word.

He will overshadow thee with his shoulders: and under his wings thou shalt trust.

His truth shall compass thee with a shield: thou shalt not be afraid of the terror of the night.

Of the arrow that flieth in the day, of the business that walketh about in the dark: of invasion, or of the noonday devil.

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand: but it shall not come nigh thee.

But thou shalt consider with thy eyes: and shalt see the reward of the wicked.

Because thou, O Lord, art my hope: thou hast made the most High thy refuge.

There shall no evil come to thee: nor shall the scourge come near thy dwelling.

For he hath given his angels charge over thee; to keep thee in all thy ways.

In their hands they shall bear thee up: lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Thou shalt walk upon the asp and the basilisk: and thou shalt trample under foot the lion and the dragon.

Because he hoped in me I will deliver him: I will protect him because he hath known my name.

He shall cry to me, and I will hear him: I am with him in tribulation, I will deliver him, and I will glorify him.

I will fill him with length of days; and I will shew him my salvation.

Psalm 90.

Lord Jesus Christ, protect from demonic harassment, in all its forms, those men and women who struggle with Your grace against the passion of same-sex attraction.
Well I have to agree with Luther then when he said concupiscence is in itself sin. I'll tell you what I see. (I might get banned for this so hopefully some of you will read this before it's erased forever) I see two people with SSA being "victims" on here just like I've seen in the past with Melkite and some other posters. They get all defensive if you dare say their attraction is sinful in itself. FACT IS if a grown man is sexually attracted to little boys and little girls it's not just "disordered" it sinful it's sick it's perversion. Just because he doesn't act on doesn't mean it isn't sin. HE'S SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO CHILDREN FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!  Same with homosexuals. So going to being attracted to another guy (and what constitutes attracted?) wanting to be sexual with them even if you don't get down and dirty with your thoughts and or play it out physically to even be attracted to another man in a sexual way when you are a man and or woman (vice versa with lesbains) that isn't just "disordered" that is sinful. You have an unnatural lust for the same sex. That is against nature and the one who created it God. I see alot of people wanting to give people the benefit of the doubt. But all you are really doing is allowing people to stay in their lust (even if they don't act on it physically) while calling them a "poor SSA" person. The catholic church is infiltrated with people with SSA. It's not just the ones who act on it its the ones with that orientation. Until you are willing to call a spade a spade and really help those with the SSA problem with counseling and or exorcisms (if you dont' think it's demonic with some people I don't know what to tell you) then you only perpetuate the problem. You will never be rid of the homo lobby if you allow people with SSA in places of authority.

And while I've seen people on here try to act as thought their SSA really bothers them, they get very defensive when someone merely suggests that it's not just sin to act on it but to have the sexual attraction itself. What is the attraction? (I asked earlier) The attraction is to sodomy, it's to the body of someone with the same equipment you have. It's to do unnatural things (or want to) with someone of the same sex. How is that not sinful. Lust is sin. Sexual attraction is lust. It's not beauty it's sexual attraction and that is lust.

I'm sure this post really pisses you off Vox but is what I'm saying wrong? Do not certain SSA posters on here play "victim" and make excuses as though they cannot ever/or will ever be released from this perverse thought process??

Sorry but Luther was right. And I know with that one sentance many of you will just ignore the rest but I think it's clear sexual attraction=lust and that is "adultery already in his heart" for the married man, and fornication to the unmarried man/woman and sodomy to the homosexual. AND THAT IS SIN, AND IT SHOULD BE REPENTED OF IE FORSAKEN not just seen as some glorifying "cross" of "poor me". C'mon...!!!  Paul said in 1 Cor. 6:11 "some of you were" do think they were set free from the SSA too or just the acts?? If Paul gives such outspoken comments in Romans 1 on homosexuality do you think he's just referring to the acts themselves or do you think that possibly the acts are from thoughts and the thoughts from sexual attraction?? I'm done with this thread. I have nothing more to add. I've said it all right here. Vox has spoken but I think this is a good addition to the conversation.
(03-12-2013, 02:01 PM)traditionalmom Wrote: [ -> ]Well I have to agree with Luther then when he said concupiscence is in itself sin. I'll tell you what I see. (I might get banned for this so hopefully some of you will read this before it's erased forever) I see two people with SSA being "victims" on here just like I've seen in the past with Melkite and some other posters. They get all defensive if you dare say their attraction is sinful in itself. FACT IS if a grown man is sexually attracted to little boys and little girls it's not just "disordered" it sinful it's sick it's perversion. Just because he doesn't act on doesn't mean it isn't sin. HE'S SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO CHILDREN FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!  Same with homosexuals. So going to being attracted to another guy (and what constitutes attracted?) wanting to be sexual with them even if you don't get down and dirty with your thoughts and or play it out physically to even be attracted to another man in a sexual way when you are a man and or woman (vice versa with lesbains) that isn't just "disordered" that is sinful. You have an unnatural lust for the same sex. That is against nature and the one who created it God. I see alot of people wanting to give people the benefit of the doubt. But all you are really doing is allowing people to stay in their lust (even if they don't act on it physically) while calling them a "poor SSA" person. The catholic church is infiltrated with people with SSA. It's not just the ones who act on it its the ones with that orientation. Until you are willing to call a spade a spade and really help those with the SSA problem with counseling and or exorcisms (if you dont' think it's demonic with some people I don't know what to tell you) then you only perpetuate the problem. You will never be rid of the homo lobby if you allow people with SSA in places of authority.

And while I've seen people on here try to act as thought their SSA really bothers them, they get very defensive when someone merely suggests that it's not just sin to act on it but to have the sexual attraction itself. What is the attraction? (I asked earlier) The attraction is to sodomy, it's to the body of someone with the same equipment you have. It's to do unnatural things (or want to) with someone of the same sex. How is that not sinful. Lust is sin. Sexual attraction is lust. It's not beauty it's sexual attraction and that is lust.

I'm sure this post really pisses you off Vox but is what I'm saying wrong? Do not certain SSA posters on here play "victim" and make excuses as though they cannot ever/or will ever be released from this perverse thought process??

Sorry but Luther was right. And I know with that one sentance many of you will just ignore the rest but I think it's clear sexual attraction=lust and that is "adultery already in his heart" for the married man, and fornication to the unmarried man/woman and sodomy to the homosexual. AND THAT IS SIN, AND IT SHOULD BE REPENTED OF IE FORSAKEN not just seen as some glorifying "cross" of "poor me". C'mon...!!!  Paul said in 1 Cor. 6:11 "some of you were" do think they were set free from the SSA too or just the acts?? If Paul gives such outspoken comments in Romans 1 on homosexuality do you think he's just referring to the acts themselves or do you think that possibly the acts are from thoughts and the thoughts from sexual attraction?? I'm done with this thread. I have nothing more to add. I've said it all right here. Vox has spoken but I think this is a good addition to the conversation.
Well at leat you admitt that you are a protestant
(03-12-2013, 02:13 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2013, 02:01 PM)traditionalmom Wrote: [ -> ]Well I have to agree with Luther then when he said concupiscence is in itself sin. I'll tell you what I see. (I might get banned for this so hopefully some of you will read this before it's erased forever) I see two people with SSA being "victims" on here just like I've seen in the past with Melkite and some other posters. They get all defensive if you dare say their attraction is sinful in itself. FACT IS if a grown man is sexually attracted to little boys and little girls it's not just "disordered" it sinful it's sick it's perversion. Just because he doesn't act on doesn't mean it isn't sin. HE'S SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO CHILDREN FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!  Same with homosexuals. So going to being attracted to another guy (and what constitutes attracted?) wanting to be sexual with them even if you don't get down and dirty with your thoughts and or play it out physically to even be attracted to another man in a sexual way when you are a man and or woman (vice versa with lesbains) that isn't just "disordered" that is sinful. You have an unnatural lust for the same sex. That is against nature and the one who created it God. I see alot of people wanting to give people the benefit of the doubt. But all you are really doing is allowing people to stay in their lust (even if they don't act on it physically) while calling them a "poor SSA" person. The catholic church is infiltrated with people with SSA. It's not just the ones who act on it its the ones with that orientation. Until you are willing to call a spade a spade and really help those with the SSA problem with counseling and or exorcisms (if you dont' think it's demonic with some people I don't know what to tell you) then you only perpetuate the problem. You will never be rid of the homo lobby if you allow people with SSA in places of authority.

Well at leat you admitt that you are a protestant

Yes and the homo lobby has infiltrated the Catholic Church so well that people with SSA are seen as better Christians than us. Ah what a world we live in and oh what we have become. God help us. Lord have mercy!
(03-12-2013, 02:13 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]Well at least you admit that you are a protestant

She is a Lutheran.  Read her profile.
(03-12-2013, 02:24 PM)traditionalmom Wrote: [ -> ]Yes and the homo lobby has infiltrated the Catholic Church so well that people with SSA are seen as better Christians than us. Ah what a world we live in and oh what we have become. God help us. Lord have mercy!
So your concern is who is and is not a better Christian? That's a very warped view of the Gospel. Each of us should be saying, "Lord, have mercy on me, the chief of sinners."
(03-12-2013, 02:31 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2013, 02:13 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]Well at least you admit that you are a protestant

She is a Lutheran.  Read her profile.
Oops. I may have just outed myself as an idiot. haha.
no of course you'd like to and even enjoy trying to say something I didn't say. It's not about "whose better" it's about the Catholic Church allowing people to think lust isn't lust unless it's acted on and then saying people like myself aren't even Christians or at best heretics. That's warped. I'm sure you will continue to try to paint me in a corner when clearly there is no corner. There is no "better" we are all fallen sinners. But some of us know we sin, call it sin and try to stop doing it. We don't make excuses about having some "cross" to bear to keep living in sin and even go as far as not calling it sin. Lust is sin. Sexaul attraction from one man to another is sin. It's perversion. If the Catholic church doesn't acknowledge this it will never get rid of the problem of the homo lobby/mafia.

edited to add some more points
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37