FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholics and homosexuality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
(03-13-2013, 10:01 AM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ](snip)

When you gather together in a parish with like-minded fakes, I realize your parish as a whole isn't Catholic, so why should I waste my time worshipping with you?  Your incense is of rotted flesh, so I write your parish off as well.

When I realize this DWIP attitude is endemic in traditional Catholic circles, guess what gets written off next?  Here I expect the calls that I am suffering from a reprobate mind, how else could I possibly question traditional Latin Catholicism? all so you can sleep easily at night and not have to take a long, hard look in the mirror.  At any rate, traditional Catholicism is worthless to me.  I will never step foot in any trad chapel again.

I am currently trying to discern if Catholicism as a whole is worthless to me.  The reason for that is, obviously, modernism is getting it wrong.  They don't preach the Gospel.  Traditionalism is at least logically consistent, but if you guys have gotten it so wrong in your actions, and you have over a thousand years of text to support you, then perhaps it is the Church as a whole that is fake.  Is my parish unique in that it actually lives the Gospel command to love one another?  I certainly hope not, but many of you make it hard to believe anything else.  You have the faith, and you have hope, but you conveniently forget that both are completely worthless without love.

So there you have it.  I, and others like me, are on the precipice of casting off the Church altogether because you fakes within it can't be bothered to show a little charity.  You are the true definition of scandal.  Whoever posted earlier about the millstone was quite correct.  Christ wasn't advocating the millstone for me, he was advocating it for you.

Don't let the haters keep you away from God's Church! What the Church teaches is true, so that should be reason enough to not let the uncharitable chase you off. If all the folks who actually "get" the Gospel and have let the Holy Ghost have their way with them are chased off, there'd be no good people left. FIGHT, Melkite! Don't let assholes take from you the greatest beauty there is in the universe! Don't give them that sort of power over you! Go to Mass and pray and ignore those who don't understand. "Father, forgive them. They KNOW NOT what they do." They don't, Melkite. They really don't. They're ignorant. They allowtheir  feelings of sexual disgust and their (understandable, righteous) anger at the lavender mafia to rule them. Who will be there to teach them if the folks who "get it" are run off or get too angry? Don't let them affect your charity or your relationship with Christ through His Church. Make them really mad and STICK AROUND!

I almost want to make up T-shirts that say "I'm a Trad Catholic and I Love Homosexuals!" on it and wear it around all the time. I'm so sick of this stuff. It's ridiculous.
(03-13-2013, 10:58 AM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2013, 10:51 AM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ]My good friend does volunteer work at the local hospital & she is thinking of starting an exercise class for "over 70's". She reads to children at the Library while their Mothers look for their books. I could go on & on, but I won't. I have noticed that gays consider themselves to be a "special group". I have no idea why they would want to fit into that mold. It's degrading.
While I agree that no one group should be treated as a "special group" have you considered that many people who struggle with SSA, and even active homosexuals, want this special protection because they have always been picked on for being "sissies" (in the case of gay men) and "tomboys" (in the case of lesbians) even before they ever came out? If they hadn't been treated this way growing up, perhaps they would not be demanding this protection;

There are many anti-bullying articles around the internet and they mostly share a common theme.  It's not really possible to get outside protection from bullying because bullies find clever ways around it.  Instead, the victim has to learn how to put an end to it.  People have never attempted to bully me and few people even attempt to tease me in a good-natured manner.  This is because I have learned to ignore personal slights to the extent that potential bullies find me boring.
(03-13-2013, 11:09 AM)Akavit Wrote: [ -> ]There are many anti-bullying articles around the internet and they mostly share a common theme.  It's not really possible to get outside protection from bullying because bullies find clever ways around it.  Instead, the victim has to learn how to put an end to it.  People have never attempted to bully me and few people even attempt to tease me in a good-natured manner.  This is because I have learned to ignore personal slights to the extent that potential bullies find me boring.
So if we tell effeminate boys and tomboyish girls to read these articles, then they will stop being bullied?
(03-13-2013, 10:51 AM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ]This will be a surprise coming from me..........we usually disagree. However, this post is right on. I am 71 yrs. old, my hair has been completely white since I was 40. I consider it a disservice when people treat me like "another old lady". I am an individual, I get down on my knees & dig in the dirt every spring, planting a huge flower garden. I go to water aerobics & still look pretty fair in a swimming suit. Next to gardening, my favorite thing to do is read & needlework (when I can't get outside). Right now, I' on my way to weight watchers to get rid of a few pounds I gained when I couldn't walk. I'm president of my Garden Club & a very busy, active person. I have a black Labrador/ German Shepherd mix, who wage a war on the moles in our yard. (He got 5 in one week last May & brought them all to my front door so I could see how fearless & strong he is. :)

My good friend does volunteer work at the local hospital & she is thinking of starting an exercise class for "over 70's". She reads to children at the Library while their Mothers look for their books. I could go on & on, but I won't. I have noticed that gays consider themselves to be a "special group". I have no idea why they would want to fit into that mold. It's degrading.

We're all individuals, of course, and no one wants to be limited by a stereotype. But it's also normal for people to want to group together with people of like minds or like situations or like problems, etc. And there's nothing wrong with that. Especially when it comes to like problems and the formation of support groups. A group of the bereaved might want to get together and talk about their experiences. Folks who have family members who are victims of murder like to get together and share their experiences. Nothing wrong with any of that, and there's nothing wrong with homosexuals getting together to support each other in achieving holiness.

As a 50 year old, it's understandable to me why people would want to form an exercise group for "over 50s". No way could I keep up with people much younger, and I doubt the young people would want to slow themselves down to oblige me LOL Um, not that I'll be exercising any time soon :P

(03-13-2013, 11:09 AM)Akavit Wrote: [ -> ]There are many anti-bullying articles around the internet and they mostly share a common theme.  It's not really possible to get outside protection from bullying because bullies find clever ways around it.  Instead, the victim has to learn how to put an end to it.  People have never attempted to bully me and few people even attempt to tease me in a good-natured manner.  This is because I have learned to ignore personal slights to the extent that potential bullies find me boring.

Or maybe because you're male? Or a big guy? (I have no idea, of course). I've never been bullied, but was one of those who'd go to the rescue of the bullied -- most of them having done nothing to ask for it or encourage it  by whining, crying, and so forth. Glad you weren't punked on, but some folks are and can't make it stop.

That said, teaching kids to ignore bullies as much as possible, and teaching them how to fight when they have to, are good ideas, IMO.
(03-13-2013, 11:09 AM)Akavit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2013, 10:58 AM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2013, 10:51 AM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ]My good friend does volunteer work at the local hospital & she is thinking of starting an exercise class for "over 70's". She reads to children at the Library while their Mothers look for their books. I could go on & on, but I won't. I have noticed that gays consider themselves to be a "special group". I have no idea why they would want to fit into that mold. It's degrading.
While I agree that no one group should be treated as a "special group" have you considered that many people who struggle with SSA, and even active homosexuals, want this special protection because they have always been picked on for being "sissies" (in the case of gay men) and "tomboys" (in the case of lesbians) even before they ever came out? If they hadn't been treated this way growing up, perhaps they would not be demanding this protection;

There are many anti-bullying articles around the internet and they mostly share a common theme.  It's not really possible to get outside protection from bullying because bullies find clever ways around it.  Instead, the victim has to learn how to put an end to it.  People have never attempted to bully me and few people even attempt to tease me in a good-natured manner.  This is because I have learned to ignore personal slights to the extent that potential bullies find me boring.

Brilliant. 

Big sigh of relief from me that you are here. 

Deo gratias

:crucifix:

As for some earlier comments I've made about abhorrence for temptations (in particular the SSA type), it may be natural and even healthy, but I realize it can lead to scrupulosity, and even to a sinful self-hatred, which can lead to self-harm.  If anything I've said has had that effect in this thread or any other, I sincerely and most profusely apologize.
(03-13-2013, 11:22 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]That said, teaching kids to ignore bullies as much as possible, and teaching them how to fight when they have to, are good ideas, IMO.

I'm 6'1" and 315 pounds.  :boxers:
I commend any Catholic who experiences an attraction to the same sex but lives a life of chasteness in accordance with God's laws pertaining to right-ordered sexuality.

However, I think many Catholics are uneasy about the overwhelming attention given to the LGBTQ etc. crowd by the Church, such as;

Parish ministries other than Courage which are questionable in their teachings aimed at queering the parishes; parishes which have been all but taken over by them (Most Holy Redeemer); homosexuals who masqueraded as priests and raped innocent youth scarring them for life (and yet the Church won't admit it was homosexuals who did that, pretending instead they were pedophiles); "Always Our Children" written by three homosexuals, etc.

Popular culture pushes "all gay all the time" and now there appears to be a push back by those who oppose the LGBTQ etc. agenda that's being forced upon us.
(03-13-2013, 11:39 AM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2013, 11:22 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]That said, teaching kids to ignore bullies as much as possible, and teaching them how to fight when they have to, are good ideas, IMO.

I'm 6'1" and 315 pounds.  :boxers:

Me & Big George don't like bullies.
(03-13-2013, 11:25 AM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]:crucifix:

As for some earlier comments I've made about abhorrence for temptations (in particular the SSA type), it may be natural and even healthy, but I realize it can lead to scrupulosity, and even to a sinful self-hatred, which can lead to self-harm.  If anything I've said has had that effect in this thread or any other, I sincerely and most profusely apologize.

Beautiful. You're awesome. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37