FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Why Not Burke?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Modified by Vox to remove ALL CAPS and extraneous question marks. Keep subject lines classy; they go on the front page an in RSS feeds.
Michael Voris makes a good point in this video. Burke certainly would send the modernists and heterodox packing.
(03-08-2013, 09:34 PM)10th_Crusader Wrote: [ -> ]Michael Voris makes a good point in this video. Burke certainly would send the modernists and heterodox packing.

I second this remark!
(03-08-2013, 09:34 PM)10th_Crusader Wrote: [ -> ]Michael Voris makes a good point in this video. Burke certainly would send the modernists and heterodox packing.

Then that is precisely why Burke is not going to be considered.
Burke and Voris are sort of analogical.

What percentage of  American priests and bishops would support making Voris an official poster boy for lay militant Catholicism? Unfortunately, probably the same percentage of cardinals that would vote for Burke. Still, we can always hope.
(03-08-2013, 10:21 PM)maldon Wrote: [ -> ]Burke and Voris are sort of analogical.

What percentage of  American priests and bishops would support making Voris an official poster boy for lay militant Catholicism? Unfortunately, probably the same percentage of cardinals that would vote for Burke. Still, we can always hope.

Hope has two beautiful daughters, whats her name and hey you.  And neither will be elected Pope either.
Is it just me, or is Voris's hair becoming MORE obnoxious?
Wasn't Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger kind of like Cardinal Burke before becoming the Holy Father? Serious question. I didn't follow things much because I became Catholic about five yeears after Pope Benedict XVI was elected. I noticed that both share the common habit of saying the TLM as Cardinals, but I admit I could be mistaken in the similarity between the two.
(03-08-2013, 09:49 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]

Then that is precisely why Burke is not going to be considered.

The thing is, why I am confident that Burke would do a good job of clearing out the modernists, Its not like he has been incredibly vocal about it in a way that would completely put him out of the running. So I think he is still in the running  (more so than many of the ones being hyped up in the media.) Plus, he is probably the one American cardinal not regarded as a buffoon or a yokel  by the Europeans. Finally, I think his position as head of the Apostolic Signatura gives him more credibility in terms of the conclave (there are some cardinals being floated as papabili who have pretty insignificant responsibilities in the curia.)
(03-08-2013, 09:30 PM)jim111 Wrote: [ -> ]

:)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9