FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Whoa!!! Let's Give The New Guy A Chance!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rather than post this rather long and very well written article here (the pictures are wonderful) and take up a whole lot of space, I'll just post a link ( http://themoynihanletters.com/from-the-d...47-to-mary ) and add to say that this is one of the best articles on the new Pope I've seen. I do have much hope for the direction that he may take our Holy Church. His detractors were quick on the trigger to direct ill towards him, first on, but I think they did much disservice to him and the Church by doing so. Many of the protestations appear to be quite warrantless.

In the spirit of his Patron, Saint Francis, I do hope he will be the reformer that his namesake was. If he is, the new Pope will have the same person directing him as the Saint did!
One thing i want to laugh at Cardinal Scheonborn calling for a housecleaning in the Curia, why not a housecleaning also in Vienna and all of Austria i don't see him doing that.
(03-15-2013, 12:04 PM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]Rather than post this rather long and very well written article here...

I just like to include text in the entries I link to.  This is in case readers are at a computer that does not enable viewing of the site, or in case the sites I link to expire.
We must remember that the Holy Spirit is in the mix with our new Holy Father.  It is His influence that aided in Pope Francis's selection, so that means that He (the Holy Spirit) has plans that this man/Vicker of Christ will fulfill in His (the Father's) time.  We are the people of God, so please let's act like it and follow the Shepard and remember that he may straighten the Church out and bring about the revival in the Catholic Church that we so dearly need.  His election was guided by the Holy Spirit and he will follow what he is guided to do by the Holy Spirit.
(03-15-2013, 06:48 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]One thing i want to laugh at Cardinal Scheonborn calling for a housecleaning in the Curia, why not a housecleaning also in Vienna and all of Austria i don't see him doing that.

Cardinal Scheonborn was being bold, courageous, and visionary.  You're being closed minded, insensitive, and old fashioned.   LOL     Or, so "they" would say....
(03-15-2013, 06:51 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2013, 12:04 PM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]Rather than post this rather long and very well written article here...

I just like to include text in the entries I link to.  This is in case readers are at a computer that does not enable viewing of the site, or in case the sites I link to expire.

Noted and filed. I stand by my decision. I tried your way on another forum and it was exceedingly time consuming. On could always come back and read the article on a more congenial computer.
One of the first things he did was to drive to the hotel where he had been staying at and pay the bill. I like him.
(03-15-2013, 12:04 PM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]Rather than post this rather long and very well written article here (the pictures are wonderful) and take up a whole lot of space, I'll just post a link ( http://themoynihanletters.com/from-the-d...47-to-mary ) and add to say that this is one of the best articles on the new Pope I've seen. I do have much hope for the direction that he may take our Holy Church. His detractors were quick on the trigger to direct ill towards him, first on, but I think they did much disservice to him and the Church by doing so. Many of the protestations appear to be quite warrantless.

In the spirit of his Patron, Saint Francis, I do hope he will be the reformer that his namesake was. If he is, the new Pope will have the same person directing him as the Saint did!