FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What I refuse to do. (Regarding the election of Pope Francis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I refuse to abandon the Church, I simply will not, for this is the true Church the bride of Christ to whom the promise was made on the Rock that is St. Peter that the gates of Hell it self will not prevail against her. In much the same way that God made a promise to Abraham that he would have descendants as numerous as the stars and he will be the father of many nations. Yet when Abraham died non of this was fulfilled, in the same way Moses brought out Israel from Egypt towards God's promised land yet Moses him self did not see it with his own eyes.

So it is now as it was then, we must know and pray that if the restoration of the Church on earth is to happen before the great tribulation, be it His will then nothing will stop it, at the same time if it would be His will that chastisement is indeed at hand and his Judgement is upon us, then Amen and Gloria in excelsis Deo if it be my Lord's will that my eyes are to be witness to these evil times then I will do as my Lord commands for I trust in Him.

I do not know what the rest of you may do, "but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord."
+1
That's been the Trad position for decades.
(03-17-2013, 04:53 PM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]That's been the Trad position for decades.

I guess its a good thing I am one.  :) Though not for decades may be closer to one decade.
Well said, Unum. I didn't convert to tuck tail and run now. To hell with the devil and his minions, and the havoc that they wreak on the Church. To hell with modernism, pluralism, indifferentism and relativism. Viva Christo Rey! Ave Maria!
(03-17-2013, 04:35 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]I refuse to abandon the Church,

Has someone asked you to leave?  Are you about to experience martyrdom if you do not apostatize?   ???
(03-17-2013, 05:04 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2013, 04:35 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]I refuse to abandon the Church,

Has someone asked you to leave?  Are you about to experience martyrdom if you do not apostatize?   ???

I welcome martyrdom with open arms would I be so blessed as to be given such a gift by the Lord. It would be equivalent to showing the doors to heaven and He simply say, "all you have to do is push."

Getting back to your question however, no it is not that however I have found many reactions to the election of Pope Francis to be rather over the top, and some have even suggested moving to the schismatics or becoming sedes. By posting this I was simply trying to remind many of the contributors as to what they would be rejecting if they took such a course.
I've met people from the Eastern Catholic Church that bailed out from the RCC because of VII. So, why hasn't anyone decided to join the Hebrew Catholic Church? I'll rock a kippa (tiny bald spot hat), payot (jew sideburn curls) and tzitzit (tassels that hang from under their shirts).
(03-18-2013, 01:55 AM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]I've met people from the Eastern Catholic Church that bailed out from the RCC because of VII. So, why hasn't anyone decided to join the Hebrew Catholic Church? I'll rock a kippa (tiny bald spot hat), payot (jew sideburn curls) and tzitzit (tassels that hang from under their shirts).

Yeah...the thing is with that is that a lot of the Eastern Catholics don't really appreciate it. Especially when Traditionalist Roman Catholics try to force Latinizations on the Eastern Catholics, which has happened more than one may realize over the past 50 years. If you want to be an Eastern Catholic, be one, but don't be an Eastern Catholic in name only and force your Latin Catholic traditions and such on them. They have their own ancient traditions as well that they would rather not lose.
I've never heard of a Latinized ECC before. Well, maybe I've experienced it? I went to a Byzantine Catholic Church and the weekday low mass wasn't very different from a reverent NO mass. It was also in English, which I was thrown off by...I assumed it would've been Greek or something.
Pages: 1 2