FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Chance to get your voice heard by the Diocese of Buffalo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please share this with every Western New York Catholic you know who is 39 and under and leans toward traditional Church practices.

Attention all those ages 18-39! You have a voice in the Catholic Church and we want to hear it. The Diocesan Department of Youth & Young Adult Ministry is conducting an area-wide survey of all young adults to help understand your spiritual and social needs. This includes all high school grads, college students, young singles, young families, etc. We are interested in the responses of those who regularly attend Mass, occasionally attend, and those who may have left the Catholic Church or are no longer practicing. If you are a young adult, or if you have a young adult in your family, please visit http://www.dobyouth.org/youngadultsurvey. It only takes 5-10 minutes to complete and all responses are anonymous. The results will be shared with pastors and church leaders to help address your needs. The more responses the better, so please share with your young adult family and friends The survey will be live through May 31.

Typically, when Church leaders say they want to reengage the youth, it means more awful modern music (guitars, synthesizers) at Mass or other dated VII novelties. It'd be great if younger Churchgoers started requesting more traditional practices (Gregorian chanting, Latin, etc.). The Q&A format is mostly useless but you have a chance at the end to share your pre-1962 two cents.
I REALLY wish my diocese would do this. I'm from the neighboring (and in worse condition) Diocese of Rochester, NY. Desperately waiting for a new bishop after the last one turned 75 last summer after 33 years of office, running an episcopacy that literally supported heretics (Spiritus Christi) as well as all sorts of other problems.
Yeah, the Diocese of Rochester was notorious throughout the country for being one of the worst ones. I read all about it in The Wanderer. I believe Pope Benedict XVI, when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, even had to intervene at one point. Hopefully, the worse is past us.
(03-18-2013, 10:07 PM)Catholic_Lawyer Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the Diocese of Rochester was notorious throughout the country for being one of the worst ones. I read all about it in The Wanderer. I believe Pope Benedict XVI, when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, even had to intervene at one point. Hopefully, the worse is past us.

Yeah, he did. That was, on behalf of JP II, to order our bishop to excommunicate 3000 people, two priests, and one nun.
I remember the first time they took a survey at my parish. Among the questions was if they found the homilies boring. Apparently enough people did because the theme of one of the priests homily was "so you find the homilies boring, could it be that you find God boring?"
LOL LOL LOL