FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Honest question. If Cardinals Mahony or Danneels had been elected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
and did the EXACT same things as Francis has done since his election would there be the same knee-jerk defense?
I don't think he has done much since his election.

It is what he did before that people are nervous about or choosing to ignore/discount.
I think the new pope is liturgically challenged.
My guess he is a typical jesuit, liturgy is irrelevant to them and so they don't care about it.
Which is frankly pretty scarry, but makes sense if you think about the priesthood as a sort of community organizer position for the poor, rather than an alter Christus offering Himself on the Cross for the salvation of the world.
Big difference, and let's us wonder about the head-space of the new pope.
I would have loved to see how EWTN and Catholic Answers would have had to weasel their way around a Pope Cardinal Mahoney, it would have been the performance of a lifetime LOL LOL LOL
(03-20-2013, 08:29 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]I would have loved to see how EWTN and Catholic Answers would have had to weasel their way around a Pope Cardinal Mahoney, it would have been the performance of a lifetime LOL LOL LOL

"...he has extensive experience dealing with the sexual abuse crisis."
I don't know, but both of them have extensive experience dealing with sex abuse and the fallout thereof. That reminds me of when Ronald Reagan had the beginnings of his Irangate scandal. One of the first things he did was to call Richard Nixon to ask for advice.
Smile Smile Smile 
(03-20-2013, 01:12 AM)crashnet Wrote: [ -> ]and did the EXACT same things as Francis has done since his election would there be the same knee-jerk defense?

Yeah, he hasn't done anything yet to defend or get riled at (though some folks act as if he's done stuff to fit the latter category).

As to the Pope himself:  "knee-jerk defense" on the part of whom? CAF or EWTN? I'd say yes.

I haven't seen any "knee-jerk defense" here. All defense isn't "knee-jerk."