FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Good advice from Mr. Voris
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Good advice maybe we all should heed...
Agreed.  :)
Mike makes a lot of good points in this video, are we feeding into the MSM..
This is an excellent video.
This is fine...but remember obedience to sacralidge should it occur as it has under every Pope since Pius still needs to be condemned vocifourously even if its a Pope doing it.
Voris:  "...keep your mouths shut and your comments to yourself."

Lol.  Fine, Voris.  Fine.  I have no opinion.  I love every pope that ever lived, and they were all great.

But I'm still going to post what I learn of him.  Surely, Voris, you don't have objections to raw facts, do you?

Here's a bunch of commentary, information, and testimony of our pope:  http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...692.0.html
Voris is wrong. A pope can preach error and hold erroneous opinions on faith and morals. Doesn't this guy have a theology degree or something? The pope only enjoys infallibility under certain conditions. From the 4th session of Vatican I:

Quote:Therefore, faithfully adhering to the tradition received from the beginning of the Christian faith, to the glory of God our savior, for the exaltation of the Catholic religion and for the salvation of the Christian people, with the approval of the Sacred Council, we teach and define as a divinely revealed dogma that when the Roman Pontiff speaks EX CATHEDRA, that is, when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church, he possesses, by the divine assistance promised to him in blessed Peter, that infallibility which the divine Redeemer willed his Church to enjoy in defining doctrine concerning faith or morals. Therefore, such definitions of the Roman Pontiff are of themselves, and not by the consent of the Church, irreformable.

Popes are certainly capable of teaching error, and there are a few historical examples of such. It just so happens that among those examples, the popes did not try to solemnly promulgate their error.

I think Voris is not helpful here. It is not sensible for Catholics to simply ignore a problem that they see as a threat to the Church. I'm not saying Pope Francis is a problem in himself, but his attitudes towards ecumenism and liturgy can certainly lead souls astray. If that is the case, we need to speak up about it among our fellow Catholics, lest they be lead astray. It is very easy to be scandalized by the errors of false ecumenism, for example, because on the surface, it seems like such a decent thing.

I do agree that we probably should remain silent about it when we are among non-Catholics, because it could be confusing to them and possibly lead them astray. But we have a duty to confirm our brethren in the Faith, and that means helping them avoid going astray on errant paths.
Personally, I think that someone who makes his living from apologetics, as does Mr Voris, will always be inclined to remember first and foremost on which side his bread is buttered.

The secular media compared Pope Benedict's style to JPII's, and Paul VI's to John XXIII's, etc. This has always happened. EWTN is comparing the two styles also. You can't help but do that. It's the intention behind it that counts.
"Non serviam," says the self-righteous peanut gallery.

Try watching the video again, or read the transcript if you need. He says keep your mouth shut so as to not aid the secular media in their campaign to destroy the Church, which I hope we all realize. It is excellent news-feed in the destruction of the Church to say the (self-annointed) pure creme de la creme of Catholicism are pope-bashers too. Strange bedfellows. Don't be a pavlovian tool for the diabolic enemies of the Church.

And for traditional-minded Catholics out there .. in addition to the plain and simple reason that He is the Pope and deserves are total allegiance .. the media is another reason to keep your mouths shut and your comments to yourself.

If the tale keeps being spun by Catholics that Pope Francis is quietly some subversive liberal autocrat .. it will only feed into the narrative of the secular media whose goal is to undermine the faith by undermining the leaders .. especially the Pope.

Bottom line – Joseph Ratzinger and Jorge Borgoglio are two different men with very different world experiences and are each products of their times and their cultures. They speak different languages, grew up in different countries etc and have very different backgrounds.

This is nothing new in the Church. What binds us to each other in the faith IS THE FAITH. We are assured by the Son of God that the Church .. and the Church in the person of the Pope cannot preach error.

Aside from that .. popes can make mistakes, misspeak, reach incorrect conclusions and everything else that everyone of us can do quite masterfully, thank you very much.

But one thing we do know is this .. the media has proven itself time and again to be a tool of the diabolical and when the media continues to drive wedges between popes for the primary goal of disenfranchising many about the solidity of the faith .. then you know WHO is manipulating them.

Walk away from it .. work on your own personal holiness .. try to catechize and evangelize who you know and love and are friends with. Errors and situations which are blocks to people learning the faith and prevent them from advancing in holiness need to be exposed and discussed.

But the pope and by extension the Papacy .. which is the REAL goal the diabolical is after because the papacy goes right to the heart of the Church .. the Pope gets special treatment for the simple reason that he IS special. He is Peter. And only HE has special protection accorded him from the throne of heaven. We must do the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 4