FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Any word from Pope Benedict "Emeritus"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't seen anything in the english press.  Anyone have information or news stories about how our Holy Father is reacting to Francis?
I doubt we will ever here another word out of our Papa Emeritus - it might reflect poorly on the current pontificate. The last Pope to resign died imprisoned by his successor.  Benedict has chosen to imprison himself practically.
(03-21-2013, 10:57 PM)DoktorDespot Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt we will ever here another word out of our Papa Emeritus - it might reflect poorly on the current pontificate. The last Pope to resign died imprisoned by his successor.  Benedict has chosen to imprison himself practically.

QFT. I think Papa Emeritus may publish a book or two on spiritual matters, but I doubt that we will ever hear a word about his successor from him.
Ok but wouldn't you at least expect from the Vatican some kind of statement like "the Pope Emeritus sent his best wishes to the new Pope...yada, yada, yada..." ?
(03-21-2013, 11:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2013, 10:57 PM)DoktorDespot Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt we will ever here another word out of our Papa Emeritus - it might reflect poorly on the current pontificate. The last Pope to resign died imprisoned by his successor.  Benedict has chosen to imprison himself practically.

QFT. I think Papa Emeritus may publish a book or two on spiritual matters, but I doubt that we will ever hear a word about his successor from him.

If I recall correctly the Vatican press secretary said that no more of Benedict's books would be published while he was still alive.
the only thing i heard was a report form someone saying that he was spending his days peacefully by himself in prayer, and that he was watching the live coverage of the conclave from his own TV.  I heard that he will never publish the encyclical he was working on and he will not have any of his books published, although I wouldn't be surprised if some of the work "in retirement" gets published posthumously.
I guess I'll be the odd man out and predict a colossal schism in the Church when Benedict XVI decides he changes his mind and wants to be Pope again and stages a coup d'etat. Bill Donahue and Papa Ben will fight their way through the Swiss Guard and try to capture Vatican City, thus igniting the Great Ben-Frank World War of 2017. Michael Voris will probably be there giving the play by play. Fish Eaters will be called to arms to fight CAF to the death. The real twist will come when Michael Voris announces that he was secretly triple crossing everyone and was in fact gunning for the papal tiara all along, thus seizing the papacy and effectively becoming Pope Bieber I.

Yeah, that's probably what's going to happen.
(03-21-2013, 11:45 PM)US_Soldier Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'll be the odd man out and predict a colossal schism in the Church when Benedict XVI decides he changes his mind and wants to be Pope again and stages a coup d'etat. Bill Donahue and Papa Ben will fight their way through the Swiss Guard and try to capture Vatican City, thus igniting the Great Ben-Frank World War of 2017. Michael Voris will probably be there giving the play by play. Fish Eaters will be called to arms to fight CAF to the death. The real twist will come when Michael Voris announces that he was secretly triple crossing everyone and was in fact gunning for the papal tiara all along, thus seizing the papacy and effectively becoming Pope Bieber I.

Its just Pope Beiber... no I on the end.
(03-21-2013, 11:54 PM)DoktorDespot Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2013, 11:45 PM)US_Soldier Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'll be the odd man out and predict a colossal schism in the Church when Benedict XVI decides he changes his mind and wants to be Pope again and stages a coup d'etat. Bill Donahue and Papa Ben will fight their way through the Swiss Guard and try to capture Vatican City, thus igniting the Great Ben-Frank World War of 2017. Michael Voris will probably be there giving the play by play. Fish Eaters will be called to arms to fight CAF to the death. The real twist will come when Michael Voris announces that he was secretly triple crossing everyone and was in fact gunning for the papal tiara all along, thus seizing the papacy and effectively becoming Pope Bieber I.

Its just Pope Beiber... no I on the end.

I don't even want to know what St. Malachys would have said about Bieber the Roman
The 1983 Code of Canon Law Canon 332:

If it happens that the Roman Pontiff resigns his office, it is required for validity that the resignation is made freely and properly manifested but not that it is accepted by anyone
Pages: 1 2